British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Who has the best/worst reserves going into playoff run in?

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

I know you are desperate for attention so it pains me to reply to you. But what other options are there to replace Smith. Nothing. So as long as hes happy to carry on then why not stick with him. I actually thought he looked a bit better Monday.

You are right, Smith did look more on the pace on Monday but scoring 0 or 1 every week is not good enough. 

50 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I know you are desperate for attention so it pains me to reply to you. But what other options are there to replace Smith. Nothing. So as long as hes happy to carry on then why not stick with him. I actually thought he looked a bit better Monday.

Agreed, there are definite signs of improvement. He has shown on more than one occasion that he can gate, however, more often than not gets beaten up in the first bend and is then playing catch up. I don't know what the alternatives are and, in hindsight, we would appear to have missed out on Mountain and Bacon. 

The lad's young, and has found the step up, through no fault of his own, difficult. This season will develop him and there have been a number of riders that have improved significantly from riding at reserve for the Robins including Steve Worrall, Chas Wright and Zak. Hopefully Smith will be added to that list.

Of course, its very difficult to comment on riders and the progress they are making when you don't go to speedway, sit in your bedroom all on your own relying on speedway updates or the Adver updates in between playing doctors and nurses with your Action Man.

• Haha 1