British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Didn't seem to care on his second spell with us.

Didn't realise he had a second spell with us,,,

Oh yeah, that one :t:

Well, if all goes the wrong way tonight the Newcastle Diamonds could find themselves firmly at the bottom of the Championship table... Will the promotion do something about that? Or will we just go out with a wimper...

With the average limits increasing we need to be looking into riders such as Danyon Hume on a 3.79 average and Danny Phillips also needs to be having a long, hard look into the mirror... Surely a season and a half sticking at it for the Colts would do him so much better... Danyon would be one of the better number 7s in the league imo which would really help us...

I feel like Tommy also needs to step up his game again, even just back to the form he showed near the beginning of the season, or he may find himself at risk too... Could we possibly persuade someone like Rene Bach, Nicolai Klindt, Theo Pijper, Ludvig Lindgren or Mason Campton (Leaving more points for elsewhere in the team also) to Brough Park? Or are these riders busy in Poland on Sundays?

Edit: Some riders such as Tim Sorensen and Jonas Jeppsen are also impressive coming through the youth ranks in Denmark... Maybe we should carry on our tradition

Edit Edit: Anton Karlsson and Mathias Thornblom (Formerly of Berwick) are doing well in Sweden... Both averaging better than the likes of Tero Aarnio, David Bellego and Martin Smolinski

Edited by Dandelion

47 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well, if all goes the wrong way tonight the Newcastle Diamonds could find themselves firmly at the bottom of the Championship table... Will the promotion do something about that? Or will we just go out with a wimper...

With the average limits increasing we need to be looking into riders such as Danyon Hume on a 3.79 average and Danny Phillips also needs to be having a long, hard look into the mirror... Surely a season and a half sticking at it for the Colts would do him so much better... Danyon would be one of the better number 7s in the league imo which would really help us...

I feel like Tommy also needs to step up his game again, even just back to the form he showed near the beginning of the season, or he may find himself at risk too... Could we possibly persuade someone like Rene Bach, Nicolai Klindt, Theo Pijper, Ludvig Lindgren or Mason Campton (Leaving more points for elsewhere in the team also) to Brough Park? Or are these riders busy in Poland on Sundays?

Edit: Some riders such as Tim Sorensen and Jonas Jeppsen are also impressive coming through the youth ranks in Denmark... Maybe we should carry on our tradition

Edit Edit: Anton Karlsson and Mathias Thornblom (Formerly of Berwick) are doing well in Sweden... Both averaging better than the likes of Tero Aarnio, David Bellego and Martin Smolinski

Rene Bach - not doing UK due to new family last I heard

Nicolai Klindt - not sure but I think is doing Poland

Theo Pijper - would do an OK job, but not getting any younger

Ludde - been there, done that, got the T-Shirt

Mason Campton - Visa problems (I don't think he can ride anywhere except Workington?)

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Probably not. And you are totally correct about Danny Phillips. Some of the riders you have suggested could be ok. The ones who have not ridden over here that is. Not Lundgren or Pijper.

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

As daft as it may sound I don't think we are far off being a decent side, the problem is we are massively inconsistent and all 7 haven't really fired at the same time apart from the Berwick meeting and they got a hiding.

I think the biggest disappointment for me has been Bjerre I know he's had so many engine problems but I was expecting much more, he's been number 1 for Redcar and Sheffield so he can do it.

Jorgensen is what he is could score 12 one night and then 5 the next he's just too inconsistent. May as well have kept Lindgren and used the spare points elsewhere in the team.   

Maybe if we could fit Hume in once the averages go up I'd go for that but other than that I can't see many if anymore changes being made. 

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

As daft as it may sound I don't think we are far off being a decent side, the problem is we are massively inconsistent and all 7 haven't really fired at the same time apart from the Berwick and they got a hiding.

I think the biggest disappointment for me has been Bjerre I know he's had so many engine problems but I was expecting much more, he's been number 1 for Redcar and Sheffield so he can do it.

Jorgensen is what he is could score 12 one night and then 5 the next he's just too inconsistent. May as well have kept Lindgren and used the spare points elsewhere in the team.   

Maybe if we could fit Hume in once the averages go up I'd go for that but other than that I can't see many if anymore changes being made. 

A think that our averages, come July 1st comes in at 38.51,,, don't think Hume would fit for Danny. If you go for a Brit, with reduction, maybe a rider on 3.58 (Simon Lambert) might fit. Whether it can be done or not, I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think that our averages, come July 1st comes in at 38.51,,, don't think Hume would fit for Danny. If you go for a Brit, with reduction, maybe a rider on 3.58 (Simon Lambert) might fit. Whether it can be done or not, I don't know. 

Would Hume not get a reduction?

Guest Loose Diamond
5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Hello. Danny Phillips is guesting for Edinburgh's Luke Ruddick. 2 rides. 2 falls. He is total garbage.

2 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Would Hume not get a reduction?

A think he would, but not a 10% one.

Guest Loose Diamond
21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Bjerre was sacked from Redcar and  Sheffield I'm sure. Why get Lambert back?? Would he want to come back?? I don't think so. Danyon Hume woul he want to ride for us??

10 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Bjerre was sacked from Redcar and  Sheffield I'm sure. Why get Lambert back?? Would he want to come back?? I don't think so. Danyon Hume woul he want to ride for us??

Dunno the answer to most of those questions, was just putting some factual info out.

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

One drink to many :drink:

Looks like Strongbow dark fruits.My favourite!!

6 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Looks like Strongbow dark fruits.My favourite!!

Gives me the sh!ts that stuff !!!

35 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Gives me the sh!ts that stuff !!!

So you ain't got an iron stomach then ?? Sounds like you could do with a but plug when you drink dark fruit !! Another poor night for Danny at Redcar guesting for Edinburgh,,, 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

So you ain't got an iron stomach then ?? Sounds like you could do with a but plug when you drink dark fruit !! Another poor night for Danny at Redcar guesting for Edinburgh,,, 

Don't think that would work, honestly mate, it goes off like a pressure cooker!!!,,, it's all those fancy fruit ciders, apart from apple, (I call them 'shiders'),,, I play it safe with cider and vimto, that's nice :t:

• Like 1