British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

31 minutes ago, HGould said:

May be David and Peter had a masterplan after all, or may be they just copped lucky that Ellis and Aarnio available at the right time on the right average.

My only concern in terms of club is that being out of Shield and KOC means if we don't make play-off's going to be a very short and challenging season at turnstiles?

Tero has been available all season after Workington closed.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

May be David and Peter had a masterplan after all, or may be they just copped lucky that Ellis and Aarnio available at the right time on the right average.

My only concern in terms of club is that being out of Shield and KOC means if we don't make play-off's going to be a very short and challenging season at turnstiles?

How come Adam Ellis's ave. has dropped nearly 2 pts in a month ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

Because he came in on his converted PL average which was 9+. Now he is on a rolling average which uses last year's CL average which was 7+. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

How come Adam Ellis's ave. has dropped nearly 2 pts in a month ?

Because of the stupid way the authorities run the sport!!

riders have a different average for team building than they do for green sheets which govern team structure and riding order etc then, they switch to rolling averages

Adam’s team building average was this years Premiership times  1.5

now, the ROLLING averages kick in which include his second division scores from last season, plus this years Brum scores, hence the drop 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Because he came in on his converted PL average which was 9+. Now he is on a rolling average which uses last year's CL average which was 7+. 

15 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Because of the stupid way the authorities run the sport!!

riders have a different average for team building than they do for green sheets which govern team structure and riding order etc then, they switch to rolling averages

Adam’s team building average was this years Premiership times  1.5

now, the ROLLING averages kick in which include his second division scores from last season, plus this years Brum scores, hence the drop 

Ahh well, it all makes sense now :t:

As much as I like Ulric, he can't have any complaints at being dropped. Poor machinery is unprofessional, & he needs to address that if another team picks him up.

• Like 1

All credit to the management for making changes when its needed. Ive got to say I didnt expect them to be wielding the axe so soon and so much, I thought Graham Drury was back:D. Last season it felt like there were giving riders half a season before making a change. 2019 has been so different

Its the right decision, I thank Ulrich for what he has done but his scores have not been good enough. The two previous signings of Adam Ellis and Nathan Stoneman have been very positive so hopefully Tero Aarnio can have a similar or better impact. 

57 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

See Zach W has announced hes taking break from speedway.

If so, Birmingham should be able to bring in a decent sized replacement.

Just over 6 f we do it now 

Just over 8 if we wait for the average increase on 1st July

how about Danyon how as a temporary signing whilst we sort it out. I’m assuming zach will get a 28 day ban for withholding his services 

if we do it now, Luke becker

if we do it 1st July, Bradley Wilson Deane 

id he happy with Danyon full time though 

Edited by the hobbit

3 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Why not jus thrip Zach and have 7.31 to play with? 

Translation please. Lol 

36 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Just over 6 f we do it now 

Just over 8 if we wait for the average increase on 1st July

how about Danyon how as a temporary signing whilst we sort it out. I’m assuming zach will get a 28 day ban for withholding his services 

if we do it now, Luke becker

if we do it 1st July, Bradley Wilson Deane 

id he happy with Danyon full time though 

As of 01/06:

Adam Ellis 7.92

Tero Aarnio 6.83 ( his last average for Newcastle 2018)

James Shanes 5.06

Ashley Morris 4.98

Paco Castagna 4.00

Nathan Stoneman 2.00

7.21 left

If we can sign a solid heat leader we have a decent side.

I wish Zach all the very best, respect his decision and hope when he returns to speedway he can push on 

I'd be happy to see any of those names mentioned above tbh. I've seen BWD twice this year at P/Boro and he's been sensational, Becker was the same at the SoN, I guess Laurence would know better how the land lies with him. Feel for Zach, he's a good rider who's achieved a lot in his young career and is obviously going through a tough patch. Hope he comes back stronger soon.

• Like 1