British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trees

Nicki P

I recall some years ago that it was stated in the Speedway Star that NP was the only rider that would draw in extra fans on the gate, having a much greater effect than Woffinden who, it was said, would make little difference.
Well done Sheffield!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Woffinden would bring the fans back like no other. 

Most fans never go back for any one rider in my experience, they just stop going full stop ...

15 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Most fans never go back for any one rider in my experience, they just stop going full stop ...

Yes, there is that point too. 

Steve if you think woffinden would put a few more hundred people on the gate at wolves, you are dreaming..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blupanther said:

So you don't think the crowd will be increased when Nicki visits the Showground? 

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you don't think the crowd will be increased when Nicki visits the Showground? 

There might be a small increase possibly, but a winning/competitive team would entice more back on a regular basis imo ... 

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

There might be a small increase possibly, but a winning/competitive team would entice more back on a regular basis imo ... 

I think most fans would want to see Nicki round the Showground but a better team would also improve crowd figures as you say on a regular basis. 

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Steve if you think woffinden would put a few more hundred people on the gate at wolves, you are dreaming..

Of course they would. He is proper box office material and most want the best British rider back racing in the UK.

Plus it’s not rocket science, the more top riders in the top flight the bigger the crowds.

Nicki will add to most turnstiles next year, that’s a great thing. Ditto Zmarzlik, Emil. 

Woffy would certainly add more thru the turnstiles, probably more than a rider past his best. 

• Like 2

You ask Cvs when woffy come back the other year he didn't put that much more on the gate than you think and that is fact....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

You ask Cvs when woffy come back the other year he didn't put that much more on the gate than you think and that is fact....

I’ll be asking several question at the next talk in so ŵill certainly ask about big names affecting attendance. 

Don't get me wrong top riders would put more on the gate but not the numbers people think

The return of Nicki Pedersen to the British League is a much more positive signal for speedway in the Uk than any of the decisions taken at this year's AGM of the BSPA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

The return of Nicki Pedersen to the British League is a much more positive signal for speedway in the Uk than any of the decisions taken at this year's AGM of the BSPA.

Not quite true as the decision at the AGM in agreement to allow Sheffield into the Premiership in the first place is massive. Having Sheffield in the top league is a bigger plus imo than Nicki Pedersen. A club that should have been top flight for a long time. 

It's a very welcome addition plus the loss of Poole is an added bonus. 

In fact, I don't think the addition of Pedersen adds much to British Speedway at all, he's heading for retirement and wants to earn as much as he can before it arrives. 

23 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

He already did.

• Like 1