British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Sheffield v Wolves 3rd June 21

Good win for Tigers, Batchelor much improved & solid scores throughout the team.

Looks like heat 7 and 12 (from updates) cost us getting something out of the match. Nonetheless well done Tigers. Look forward to the return on Monday, in particular seeing Howarth again, enjoyed his stay with Wolves. 

• Like 1

Solid returns from the Tiger top 3, good back up from Howarth and Wright. Sedgmen tailed off after his first couple of rides, but should come good based on his other meetings. Josh is hopefully ok after his off and will get back to how he can ride Owlerton 

Really enjoyed it tonight. Good crowd, full strength sides and some really decent racing for a first night, especially when some riders are getting back into the groove after so long out.

I thought Wolves were unlucky. It was probably the right decision to exclude Douglas when Holder came down in Heat 7, but I've seen them go the other way plenty of times and Bates couldn't really get off the track when he crashed. Wolves would have probably had a 5-1 there which might have changed things.

I was really impressed with Luke Becker. He looks the next USA Grand Prix rider to me and after taking one heat to get used to the track, he was excellent. The rest were solid with Morris being the pick of the bunch, but not enough heat winners cost the Wolves.

The lockdown has made be realise how much I like the sport and I think I took it for granted before. It was great to be back.

• Like 3

Right decision by the ref Douglas was out of shape so Holder had to lay it down. Douglas nearly had him off down the back straight on previous lap. Decent opening meeting. Glad to see Bachelor back on song Holder was brilliant Ellis looks a very good signing. Howarth Sedgeman and Wright chipped in with good points but a bit concerned about Bates. He doesn’t look comfortable on the bike and seems to be struggling at the moment. I expect Monday to be different and Wolves to take the points. Very impressed with Becker he looks a good prospect. Nice to get our first win   Well done to all the lads