Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Eastbourne v Leicester CL 18/7/21 3pm

Recommended Posts

Guest

After being treated to 3 out of 4 cracking last heat deciders, this looks like a highly likely away win.

Nathan for Drew makes us weaker & Scott for Hans makes them stronger.

Should still be a good contest & I hope to be proved wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you could be right, Leicester also have the Thompson’s in both reserve places and although I haven’t seen them ride I believe they are quite useful !

They also ride in the NDL match which follows the Championship meeting, so I’m not sure that will go our way either?

I am not a fan of Sunday afternoon racing as they usually drag on, but the addition of the NDL match making it a double header should mean there’s an incentive to move things along briskly. Although I note that the weather forecast is 25 degrees so there may be additional track watering which will take more time. I don’t know what the temperature needs to be for the option of a later start per the programme fixtures note - *Sunday meetings may be moved to 5.00pm in periods of intense heat with BSPL agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to hand it to the Eagles management with their team selections.

Nathan Ablitt gets a home debut for the Eagles and Vinnie Joe Foord gets an NDL debut for the Seagulls less than a week after his 15th birthday.

This really is growing your own - the experience will be invaluable but it also shows that local youngsters CAN ride for their local team.

Also, having local riders is a big PR bonus - the local media will love it down at Eastbourne. I expect there to be plenty of headlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the weather set fair. There should be a full house at Arlington on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

After being treated to 3 out of 4 cracking last heat deciders, this looks like a highly likely away win.

Nathan for Drew makes us weaker & Scott for Hans makes them stronger.

Should still be a good contest & I hope to be proved wrong.

scott who ?

hans not riding ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

You have to hand it to the Eagles management with their team selections.

Nathan Ablitt gets a home debut for the Eagles and Vinnie Joe Foord gets an NDL debut for the Seagulls less than a week after his 15th birthday.

This really is growing your own - the experience will be invaluable but it also shows that local youngsters CAN ride for their local team.

Also, having local riders is a big PR bonus - the local media will love it down at Eastbourne. I expect there to be plenty of headlines.

Eastbourne are certainly getting the PR right at the moment and looks like two good match ups with strong visitors vs home advantage.  Have to say its probably one of the weakest NDL Eastbourne teams i have ever seen and yet i still expect them to win, no pressure on Foord but competitive rides on his home track will be a massive experience for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hans is riding in Poland in an already scheduled fixture before he signed for Leicester so they are entitled to a guest & they come no better then Scott Nicholls. 

It will be a strange one for Jake Knight riding for Leicester in the Championship & then swapping to the other side of the pits to race against Leicester in NDL. 
 

Why does Drew Kemp miss Sunday’s meeting ?

 

weather looks good hopefully the action on the track can match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drew Kemp is unavailable for the Eagles because he is riding for his Polish club, Gdańsk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guessing that with both teams fielding competitive line ups, Leicester will be well represented on the 1st & 2nd bends cheering on the Lions & The Cubs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything in leicesters favour, scott will outscore hans easily and kemp would have beaten the leicester reserves .

Big effort required from eastbourne and kennett in particular to nick this .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect a home win on the Arlington bowl.   EB should be able to carry  Ablitt at reserve.

Leicester will need their gating boots with the hot weather forecast.... frankly I don't see them being quick enough out of the starts  to trouble the home team, who are no doubt practicising on track as we speak ;-) ;-)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Expect a home win on the Arlington bowl.   EB should be able to carry  Ablitt at reserve.

Leicester will need their gating boots with the hot weather forecast.... frankly I don't see them being quick enough out of the starts  to trouble the home team, who are no doubt practicising on track as we speak ;-) ;-)

Not easy to practice when half the team riding now in Premier League.

Doubt any team would want a gating competition with Leicester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive nothing against youth and ablitt has promise but if jake knights available surely he is a better option in a match where every point is vital, or is he not allowed under a ruling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Ive nothing against youth and ablitt has promise but if jake knights available surely he is a better option in a match where every point is vital, or is he not allowed under a ruling?

He is ineligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy