British Speedway Forum

taken from speedwayworld.tv

Rune Holta is tired and very far away from the optimal form. Therefore he is considering a break in starts. "Maybe I will resign from British Grand Prix in Cardiff. I really ned a break" - said Holta, quoted by Polish Press Agency.

If Norwegian rider decides to resign from Grand Prix, Rafal Dobrucki will have a chance to take his place. Polish rider is third on the GP reserve list. Simon Stead and Joonas Kylmakorpi are in front of him. However, the British rider is injured and Joonas has decided not to compete in former Grand Prix contests.

Holta is under pressure, as he failed to show his abillities both in Poland and Grand Pris this season. "I have some bruises and the pain is not making my job easier. It would be sensible to cure it" - said Holta.

What a load of carp (not sure if writing it correctly will get me in trouble hehe) that press release from the GP website is.

Stating that Kylmakorpi decided not to compete in a previous round. He was riding in a grass/long track meeting on the weekend of Prague.

And Simon Stead injured? Must be his twin scoring points for Workington :rolleyes:

Edited by tomhaines

If Holta doesn't come then surely that means Steady will get his chance? Dammit, I've got no more room left on my flag!

Would be great to see another Brit in there.

Joonas is in theory first reserve and I cant see why he wouldnt be up for it.

Same problem for me with flag :unsure:

steady is the second reserve AFAIK

taken from speedwayworld.tv

HOLTA WILL PROBABLY START IN CARDIFF

Rune Holta will probably start on Saturday in Cardiff, in British Grand Prix. He has been considering a withdrawn, but is feeling better. "I will make the ultimate decision on Wednesday morning" - told us Holta.

Since the start of the season Norwegian rider has a notorious problems with the back and neck. The pain has been enhanced by a few falls this season. "It really hurts. I have visited my doctor, and he adviced me to take a break" - admitted Holta.

The break would last about a month. "This evening I am riding in Elitserien meeting. After it or on Wednesday morning I will make a final decision considering the break. But I am feeling a little better at the moment, so will probably decide to start in Cardiff" - added Holta.