British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

Adrian "Skippy" Newman....

Anyone know what happened to Adrian, the Aussie who rode for Somerset in the Conference League a few years ago ?

He also rode for IoW in the PL for a while. I remeber him scoring 11 rom 4 at Newport. He went home to Australia for a year to save up and buys some bikes and never come back. Which was a shame.

Another rider who started his careeer over here at the Clay County Moto Parc.

He was a good prospect, despite his machinery being poor as Shawn said he could mix it and his 11 points at Newport was testemant to that! :)

Spoke to Skippy last year and was hoping to meet up with when I was over in Auss last winter for a beer and a chat but never managed to fit in to my busy trip.

Bill & Frances Hancock, the landlords at the Oak Tree Arena, keep in contact with him --in fact one of the bedrooms at the farmhouse still has "Adrian's" room on the door!!

He has his own little business and speedway is now I think a thing of the past for him --certainly on better equipment he could have been a good litle rider.

Edited by Main Man