British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cougar Pirate

Play-Off Line-ups

Do we know the teams yet or are they waiting until after practice today ? I assume the draw is as they have named the teams on SWC website, which is:-

Red - Sweden

Blue - Australia

White - Poland

Yellow - Czech Republic

Can anybody confirm ?

I saw a posting yesterday by the Poole webbo that the teams didn't have to be declared until after practice. Guess they should be out sometime after 1pm.

Pretty heavy practice session still going on when I left work - track looked like it had been watered well and the riders had been practicing for about 45 mins by then.

Guest fosters

Sweden---red

Poland---blue

Cech Rep---white

Aussies---Yellow

From poole web site, craig boyce definately riding at number 5

My prediction is aussies will struggle. Rickardsson & Lindback will be strong round here but come the final the flying danes are a class above anyone in the field. The demolition of GB in the test match doesnt look too bad now after tuesdays performance so i predict

1st Denmark

2nd GB

3rd Sweden

4th Aussies :lol:

As posted on the official Poole site

Sweden (red)

Mikael Max

Tony Rikardsson

Antonio Lindback

Andreas Jonsson

Peter Karlsson

Poland (blue)

Greg Walasek

Jarek Hampel

Tomasz Gollob

Janusz Kolodziej

Krystof Kasprzak

Czech Rep (white)

Tomas Topinka

Ales Dryml

Bo Brhel

Lukas Dryml

Josef Franc

Australia (yellow)

Ryan Sullivan

Steve Johnston

Leigh Adams

Jason Crump

Craig Boyce

Get those excel worksheets going folks

Guest Mrs Adams

No offence to craig boyce but i dont think hes the best rider for this tournament & afta seeing him ride at oxford on fri he didnt seem to be good enough to match the top boys & so i think hel struggly 2nite & culd possibly let the aussies down. I just dont know why the aussies didnt choose travis, because hes been on good form recently & i think hed put up a beta fight than boycey, but mayb thats just me.

Think you have to look at form around the Poole track - if it was at Oxford I'd agree Travis would be a good choice. But around Wimborne Rd - of all the Aussie's they could have picked, Boycie is probably the best of the bunch - having ridden for Poole for so many years he'll know the lines to take and the set ups etc.

Now watch me have to eat humble pie when he has a mare tonight... :rolleyes:

Guest Mrs Adams

I guess so. i just hop he does the bizz, coz itl b a shame not to see the aussies through to the final. Il b cheerin boycey on 4 sure!!! :D

Guest fosters

What is it with you muppets? why do you have to put a "y" on the end of everyone's name? Boycey? screeny? havvy? crumpy? This is supposed to be a forum for discussion not a place to play name games like kids in the playground. All of you grow up :mad:

y should we :D

What's up with Fozzy?? :D

Edited by frigbo

Guest fosters

There is nowt wrong with fozzy its the best drink in the world but when you talk like an 8 year old you cant be taken seriously so all of you drop the baby talk and use the english language as it was mean't to be used. As for the dipstick who said someone needs a chill pill then maybe you need to take a long look at euthanasia, that may include taking a pill.

but when you talk like an 8 year old you cant be taken seriously so all of you drop the baby talk and use the english language as it was mean't to be used. As for the dipstick who said someone needs a chill pill then maybe you need to take a long look at euthanasia, that may include taking a pill.

Ooh dipstick - my first compliment of the day ! ;) Think you might need to read the forum guidelines me old mate - attack the post not the poster!!

Besides if you want to be picky about the English language you might want to check your dictionary for the spelling of the word 'meant' before you start on the rest of us!!! :D

Anyway, the riders you've mentioned with the offending 'y' at the end of their names have been known as those nicknames in the sport for years. Maybe you should tell Mr Havelock he's not allowed to market himself as Havvy anymore... :P

Fosters - The Best Lager For Cooking With.