British Speedway Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well done to sweden tonight, both them and team GB rode the luck at times, and as gutted as i am, i am well proud of floppy and the boys for a great world cup. unlucky, we all feel the defeat. as for hans andersen, i think PK would of won the race, without andersens help, but the guy obviously wants the 'bad boy of speedway tag' and all that brings with sponsorship etc. he wants the elite league to boo and cuss him each match, it spurs him and sponsors on, so i for one will greet the man with a wall of silence when his name is mentioned, dont give him the pleasure, and will not use any product that he endorses, and tell the manufacturer why i will not buy said products. if he can do this to his own team mate ( great for us on monday) i wish no part in the BOYS carear.

mark

Yes Hans shafted his Ipswich team mate tonight, but he also helped out his Swedish team mate, PK, as Handy Shandy & PK both ride for Luxo Stars in Sweden....

Maybe Hans will be attempting to cry WOLF in 2005 ?

All these conspiracy theories are just sour grapes. Think back to almost every decision the (English) referee had to make tonight. Every one went in favour of GB. No wonder the Danes and Swedes were raging at one point.

Apart from the Kenneth Bjerre (who webmaster stole my SWC spreadsheet!!) who fell off on his own vs Rico, now hads that been allowed to carry on, Rico would have got 3 not 1 and GB would win. Go back and work out all the bad luck things and suddenly, Team GB win by 1 point. A team ALWAYS needs luck to win.

That said, I still think that Sweden did have the best team and deserved there win as they did it when it mattered.

Hans was definately out of order tonight, yes the outcome probably would have been the same but that is no excuse for what hans done tonight , i like the danes, well most of them ,i like nicki pedersen,although i dont always agree with some of his riding habits ,but he does seem to have got a lot better lately, my Grandfather was danish,so at times i do support the danes ,but not when Great Britain are riding against them, i was born in britain and that is who i support, if they had not got through to the finally then i would have been supporting the danes, well done to sweden,also team GB all the lads rode brilliantly,and gave it there all, i am still proud to be british after their performance tonight. As for Hans the quarter part of Danish in me is ashamed of what he done and my grandad and father would have been too. :angry:

I thought Sweden were fantastic and deserved to win. :D AJ was rubbish, but won a heat when Sweden really needed him. PK was brillant and certainly should be riding in England. :D

Has for GB they had something Sweden did'nt have, the ref on there side. All Scott Nicholls did all night was moan... First he was seeing things and then Hans lost them the match. :o

Definatly sour grapes, had it been the other way round no-one would of cared, just because the World Cup was held in England, it does'nt mean Team GB have to win.

On a final note congratulations to Sweden and all the riders who took part tonight. :D

Edited by ILoveAJ

Well said Tomcat.  We most certainly were robbed and I hope Hans Anderson is made to suffer financially for what he did tonight.  :angry:  It was completely disgraceful and made professional Speedway look like a mickey mouse sport, especially bad after such excellent coverage over the last few days.  :mad:

Who would blame Scotty for holding a grudge over that last heat?  I say the less we see of Hans Anderson riding in the UK after that the better!

Lets hope our sport won't be associated with the "fixed results" tag certain other sports have had to put up with, now betting is allowed.

If all the stupid rule changes that happen every season don't already make our beloved sport a laughing stock what are we supposed to do to make it look respectable when you've got idiotic cheats like hans riding!

Lets hope we never see him race in this country ever again! :mad::mad::mad:

All these conspiracy theories are just sour grapes.  Think back to almost every decision the (English) referee had to make tonight.  Every one went in favour of GB.  No wonder the Danes and Swedes were raging at one point.

Apart from the Kenneth Bjerre (who webmaster stole my SWC spreadsheet!!) who fell off on his own vs Rico, now hads that been allowed to carry on, Rico would have got 3 not 1 and GB would win. Go back and work out all the bad luck things and suddenly, Team GB win by 1 point. A team ALWAYS needs luck to win.

That said, I still think that Sweden did have the best team and deserved there win as they did it when it mattered.

And what about when Nicholls smashed into the side of B Pedersen was it??? He should of been excluded for that, but he was'nt!!! :o

Jeeze what a load of sour grapes! I didn't notice Hans Anderson putting up much resistance to Scott Nicholls passing him a few yards after Peter Karlsson. Nicholls would never have passed Karlsson anyway by the looks of the speed the two riders had during the race.

Why all this talk about being robbed? Great Britain had some good breaks too particularly from the referee who allowed Scott Nicholls back in for a rerun with all 4 when he should have thrown him out. Remember too that the Swedes really should have had it sewn up much earlier by playing their Joker when 6 points in arrears - they would have won by 4 points not one!

It was really sad though that it took so long before the Swedes were properly congratulated on their win. I guess it was more important to hammer on about why GB had lost and find excuses to convince us that we really were the best. That reminds me of another sporting event this summer when the same thing happened.

And what about when Nicholls smashed into the side of B Pedersen was it??? He should of been excluded for that, but he was'nt!!! :o

I mentioned that else where. IMO luck evened it's self out so Sweden deserved there win, still doesn't make it nice too lose in the last heat tho.

People seem to forget Antonio Lindback was a lucky boy in the race-off. Who knows if the ref called it the other way we wouldn't be here 'debating' like we are.

James :(

How can you say Team GB was robbed of the Cup - don't you remember some of the Mick 'Homer' Bates decisions that allowed us to reach the final heat still in with a chance? :o

Guest Shnikies
And what about when Nicholls smashed into the side of B Pedersen was it??? He should of been excluded for that, but he was'nt!!!  :o

I mentioned that else where. IMO luck evened it's self out so Sweden deserved there win, still doesn't make it nice too lose in the last heat tho.

Too true.

Heck it could've been so much worse for GB if Sweden had used their joker when they had the chance to do so.

Team GB were lucky to be in the position they were in going into the final heat due to dubious refreeing decisions that this time went our way.

Its happened before and it will happen again and we will be on the wrong end of such decisions in the future--also with mistakes regarding red lights--as we have in the past..

We shouldnt have been in the possible winning position but we were as has happened to other nations before--Unlucky and Lucky tends to even itself out over time as most speedway fans know and accept--but blatent cheating and then lying in the last race of the world final is just plain ridiculous and possibly has done any credibility the sport had left to newcomers untold harm.

Diego Maradonna-The hand of God

Hans Anderson-The hand that forgot how to keep the throttle going and wouldnt have looked out of place with a rear view mirror.

No matter what anyone says the week has been brilliant and after all those heats and miles people have travelled -Hans Anderson was the one person who denied the speedway world a verdict that all were waiting with baited breath to see.

Cheers Hans--Hope you are very proud of what you did tonight-I bet you have even convinced yourself you were right -spoiling it for thousands..Cos thats exactly what you did -100 heats of racing over a week and the final race on the final night to decide the world cup comes down to you shutting off and then lying--maybe if you had agreed in the interview why you did it would have made it more palatable but you didnt--you blatantly lied to everyone that pays your wages...Best of luck in the future-call yourself a speedway rider-you should be ashamed but no doubt you arent.....

Edited by Nevsy

Lets face it people love to hate Hans N Andersen, just like Nickki Pedersen, but there is no-way the Swedes are gonna pay him to stitch Nicholls up!!! Some people need to get a grip. B)

Edited by ILoveAJ

Lets face it people love to hate Hans N Andersen, just like Nickki Pedersen, but there is no-way the Swedes are gonna pay him to stitch Nicholls up!!! Some people need to get a grip. B)

I actually quite liked him before tonight but I don't anymore :mad::mad:

I love to hate some riders. I don't like Hans Andersen. Theres a difference, I don't love not liking him.

Diego Maradonna-The hand of God

Class :P

Edited by SCB