British Speedway Forum

Well I have never laughed so much then I have reading not just this thread but peoples signitures!! Well done!

As for tonights meeting superd, in fact I think the whole world cup has been a fantastic spectical to Speedway, its just a shame that it has had to finnish with that type of goings on!

Yes I think hans is a very nice bloke( I was sat in front of him in Cardiff and had a good chat with him!) but for him to do what he did was out of order!

How can Hans say he didn't see him when he looked round for him and then looked right at him!! I think a visit to Spec-Savers is in order for Hans!!!

Im not going to let Hans ruine my thoughts of a good tournement and at the end of the day Sweden won(congrats to them!) and we came 2nd(well done to all the boys) and all riders came away safe ready to ride another meeting!

Monday night will be interesting to see what reaction the Eastbourne fans will give him!

I would also like to say well done to sky ifor putting on a fantastic production this week!

well im very proud of the lads.

the only team i really really wanted them to beat was the aussies and we did that. :D

we were nearly there and next year it will be ours. :)

whateva happened its speedway things are sent to try us

It was a thoroughly good contested meeting. The swedes in just pipping England were worthy winners. And England put up a good fight, but on this occasion were unlucky. Why spoil an excellent meeting by blaming other people for our loss. It was in Englands grip. Unfortunatly it was a step to far for us this year.

Regards Kevin

This type of thing has happened in the past ie coventry where adams and crump made no attempt to race in order to deny england, its not done their reputation any harm has it, there is a rule is there not that a rider can be excluded for failing to race, also penhall didnt cover himself in glory at white city but at least he was helping a fellow countryman, still dosnt make it right though, now we have anderson letting karlsson through muddying the waters, as for the danes and swedes not getting along remember euro 2004 where the italians accused them of a carve up? like a professional foul in football its cheating at the end of the day, anderson just showed what he lacks in my book and thats class.

What I can prove..is that Hans Andersen cheated.

Go on then, prove it.

Doh..typical.. Didnt you watch Sky then?.. If you did you will have seen the incident quite clearly.. If you didnt. Why are you butting on here?

The proof was there in front of your eyes.. in fact in front of millions of pairs of eyes and you come on here and say..go on then.. just about sums you up.

Edited by tomcat

England

where were they riding at then. :blink:

its team GB :wink::approve:

If the intention had been to wind up the British, then he has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams judging by the amount of vitriol on this and other forums!

The incident has tainted the efforts of the Swedish riders and ensured that, in some parts of the world anyway, what was otherwise a superb meeting will be remembered, not as it should be for the riding skills and courage of 24 men, but for the actions of one man.

I believe that if such thing had been seen to happen in football a charge of "bringing the game into disrepute" would be laid at the feet of the culprit.

Absolutely.

One man spoiled everyones enjoyment no matter which country -cheers Hans you done well mate :D -Hope you can live with it-You know it -we know it-not making a bonified effort to race and then lying.You wanna grow up mate you really do-you are a RACER try remembering that.

You personally spoilt it for thousands all over the world-and I never had a problem with you before tonight.-You are pathetic mate to be honest.

Im going to bed as going to Carmarthen tomorrow to see the under 15s and I sure as hell know they will be more professional than you mate--and a breath of fresh air :angry:

Just spent the last hour reading this thread, phew! I think some people are going well OTT here, GB never lost the meeting in heat 25, they lost it over 25 heats and did exceptionally well to finish where they did. As for heat 25, can you say categorically that Andersen eased off? Only one person knows, I'm afraid and talk of bribes is outrageous and people are only saying it because of Scotty's comments when interviewed. IMO Scott would not have got anywhere near PK anyway. Andersen went from first to last, he could have had bike problems, didn't Gollob go from first to last tonight and I know Boycie did the other night, were they 'cheating' as well.

Lets take defeat graciously for a change and not turn into football supporters. The ref did us so many favours tonight, it was almost bloody embarrassing. Sweden were very worthy winners and no one can deny that.

This type of thing has happened in the past ie coventry where adams and crump made no attempt to race in order to deny england, its not done their reputation any harm has it?

No? Why do you think loads of us on here were chuffed to bits when Australia didn't qualify for the final. We remember....... :P

I think Old Saint has it spot on. Nicholls may or may not have caught PK, the fact is we'll never know. What is certain, though is that the Swedish victory was tainted by some "assistance" from Andersen. As Old Saint says, I suspect some of them may feel a little embarassed by what happened. In fairness, they shouldn't.

Also, the most valid point I have seen since the last heat was that made by Nevs, in that after 100 heats of top class speedway, with a final that goes to the last heat, some donkey tinges the meeting, tournament & sport as a whole by his actions.

The guy shut off--its there on camera.Anyone would take defeat sure but he shut off simple as that-and then lied.

The shutting off is one thing-the lying is another.

Guest Shnikies
Gold or Silver.. or no medal at all.. I am a BRIT and am mighty proud of the

six lads that served BRITISH speedway so well this last week.

Well done to Scott, Floppy, Havvy, Loramski, Ricco and the Screen Machine..

You better make it 7 TomCat and add Mr Bates on the list...

If it is team G.B where were the welsh, scottish or Irish riders? :angry:

doesnt matter where they were,

team GB is what the teams called.