British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

You know, I think its disgusting that some of these foreigners cant speak more English. We visit their countries and spend our hard earned cash and that keeps them in a job - the least they could do is speak the same language as us.

Do you speak polish ? Becouse I'm visiting Great Britain next year and I'm going to spend my hard earned cash that will keep some of you in a job and the least some of you could do is speak the same language as I. And it will be disgusting if you don't. :P

And what is this thread about anyway ? Becouse I'm confused by this "Bydgoszcz" title. :P

QUOTE (JY2003 @ Aug 18 2004, 05:09 PM)

Alot of British tourists go on holiday to foriegn countrys - I just think that they should learn to speak abit of English 

If only I thought that your post was clever and meant as a wind-up. Sadly I think you genuinely mean what you say.

<shakes head>

Either you need to wake up and smell the coffee or I need given some strength.

I am also lost as to whether or not this is wind up or belief, sadly I also think it could be the second.

Yes lots of tourists go to FOREIGN COUNTRIES, note the word FOREIGN JY ie not English! If you want people to speak English go on a package holiday to the costa del sol, otherwise learn the language of where you're going & enjoy the challenges of trying to figure out how much something costs or what the hell it is you're eating. :unsure: My best holiday was in a tiny skiiing village in Finland with few people speaking English. It was so unspolit & not at all touristy it was great!

I'm often disappointed if people speak English on holiday as I like trying to speak their language.

And what is this thread about anyway ? Becouse I'm confused by this "Bydgoszcz" title

Sorry we kinda hi-jacked it a bit because of the ignorance of some of my fellow Brits. :rolleyes:

Guest Hutchie
Personally I cannot wait to get to Bydgoszcz and soak up the atmosphere in the stadium. As you can see from the comments on the thread so far from those going this is THE GP of the season, best racing normally, best atmosphere and best result (GO TOMEK !). Let us get on with enjoying our anticipation of our trek to the speedway Mecca that is Bydgoszcz.

Well said Rico. Lets forget about this language garbage and concentrate on the real matter in hand - ie the SPEEDWAY!

Sounds like Friday night is sorted, what about Saturday night after the meeting - any thoughts for meeting up then? (Don't get to Bydgoszcz until Saturday - Fri night in Warsaw though if anyone else is around??)

Also - one for Rico or Papa B I guess - how feasible is it to get from Bydgoszcz to Torun and then back to Warsaw on the Sunday?? We'd love to get the Torun meeting in if poss?

Sounds like Friday night is sorted, what about Saturday night after the meeting - any thoughts for meeting up then? (Don't get to Bydgoszcz until Saturday - Fri night in Warsaw though if anyone else is around??)

Also - one for Rico or Papa B I guess - how feasible is it to get from Bydgoszcz to Torun and then back to Warsaw on the Sunday?? We'd love to get the Torun meeting in if poss?

Saturday night we have traditionally ended up going to Chesterfields, a club underneath the City Hotel. Usually quite lively and a good laugh. Always bump into Andrzej Kowalski and his entourage in there for some banter.

Check the Polrail site for train times on the Sunday. I'd imagine the Torun v Tarnow match will start around 1700 and finish by about 1900. Bear in mind it's a fair trek from the train station to the speedway and you'll need taxis both ways - very reasonably priced usually.

Rico :rolleyes:

Saturday night we have traditionally ended up going to Chesterfields, a club underneath the City Hotel. Usually quite lively and a good laugh. Always bump into Andrzej Kowalski and his entourage in there for some banter.

Check the Polrail site for train times on the Sunday. I'd imagine the Torun v Tarnow match will start around 1700 and finish by about 1900. Bear in mind it's a fair trek from the train station to the speedway and you'll need taxis both ways - very reasonably priced usually.

Hutchie - Torun is 1 hr away by PKP train. I'll see if I can obtain some times. The track is then a taxi ride from Torun station, its the other side of a stonking big river.

As for you language bashers - its amazing how much respect you get from the locals if you try a bit of native tongue ! (ooo-eerrr) :shock:

Tak - Yes

Nie - No

Witamy - Welcome

Bardzo mi milo - Pleased to meet you

Czesc - Hello

Do widzenia - Goodbye

Dziekuje - Thank you

:)

Tak - Yes

Nie - No

Witamy - Welcome

Bardzo mi milo - Pleased to meet you

Czesc - Hello

Do widzenia - Goodbye

Dziekuje - Thank you

:)

Bardzo dobrze Papa B ;)

Bardzo dobrze Papa B ;)

I'm learning . .

Not sure what you've just said but just found an interesting one especially after too much piwo !

Przepraszam, gdzie jest toaleta?

Guest Hutchie

Thanks Rico,

Daresay we'll end up in there at some point! Will check out the train times aswell.

Na Zdrowie!!!

(Looks like that phrasebooks come in handy already - Guess I should have probably saved the three quid and just spoke slowly though ;) !!! Sorry - couldn't resist!

Bardzo dobrze Papa B  ;)

Rico  :rolleyes:

I'm learning . .

Not sure what you've just said but just found an interesting one especially after too much piwo !

Przepraszam, gdzie jest toaleta?

Means 'very good' Papa B ;)

I use your closing phrase quite frequently out there :D - that should be in most peoples vocabulary for a trip out to Polska.

Edited by Rico

Guest richtea78
Do you speak polish ? Becouse I'm visiting Great Britain next year and I'm going to spend my hard earned cash that will keep some of you in a job and the least some of you could do is speak the same language as I. And it will be disgusting if you don't. :P

Champion - I was making a joke out of some peoples attitudes to people who dont speak English. I always try and learn a bit of a foreign language when Im away but Ive yet to visit Poland

Bardzo żałujący (I think)

Champion - I was making a joke out of some peoples attitudes to people who dont speak English. I always try and learn a bit of a foreign language when Im away but Ive yet to visit Poland

Nie ma za co Richtea ;)

Sometimes the British sense of humour doesn't translate too well. I thought you were joking but with this medium sometimes it is difficult to tell.

Anyway, get your ass out to Poland at some point.

Guest richtea78

I cant afford it this year as already been on holiday but Im hoping that Poland get the WTC next year and I can go to that. If not I was thinking of going on one of the tours that does the Polish GP and Golden Helmet

Ktoredy do zagrodzenia :D

Do you speak polish ? Becouse I'm visiting Great Britain next year and I'm going to spend my hard earned cash that will keep some of you in a job and the least some of you could do is speak the same language as I. And it will be disgusting if you don't.  :P

Ooops, sorry than :wink:

Ktoredy do zagrodzenia  :D

Something is wrong with that :P

Edited by Champion

Something is wrong with that  :P

To jest czas iść do zagrodzenia

Is that better Champion ?

We look forward to welcoming you to the UK next year. Some of us might even try and converse to you in your native tongue.

To jest czas iść do zagrodzenia

Is that better Champion ?

The problem is that I don't know what "zagrodzenie" is :rolleyes: