British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JT

Crumpy what a legend!

Exactly, believe it or not there are danes who are not dirty or will not get up to the antics some of their fellow danes may pull !!

Crumpy was out of order with that move - justice prevailed when he spun off. Wonder if Nicki knew exactly what happened - didn't seem to be any discussion between the two after the race. Shame they didn't get an interview with Crumpy to ask him what he was doing...

Exactly, believe it or not there are danes who are not dirty or will not get up to the antics some of their fellow danes may pull !!

As you are a Swindon fan I guess you are talking about Gjedde, tip: open your eyes! :D

As you are a Swindon fan I guess you are talking about Gjedde, tip: open your eyes! :D

I have to mention our two GP Wild-Cards in this non-dirty/hard riding discussion though.

Peter S, as stated "Personal Opinion"!!!!!!

Nicki & Greg, long past, talked about for too long. Not really interested any longer in this incident as at the end of the day it's not the first time it's happened and it's not liable to be the last but as Nicki is Nicki people make it out to bea bigger issue than it actually needs to be.

Sorry, but have watched this "kick" a couple of times and as Jason actually didnt complain about his exclusion, I think he know's too that it was out of order.

Again as I say personal opinion B)

Hes a hard rider, not dirty !! Theres a difference ! :P

Edited by eMz

I have to mention our two GP Wild-Cards in this non-dirty/hard riding discussion though.

And I would have to agree! :D

Guest richtea78
3) Nothing went above my head, but your argument on perspectives on levels of dirtynes goes way below my expectation to unbiased opinion of speedway fans.

Regards

Peter

Unbiased speedway fans - now that is funny :D

Ive never met or read the post of someone who doesnt have some bias as yet , its human nature. Ive defended Nickis actions in the past as he rides for Eastbourne and I expect that several BV fans will see nothing wrong with Crumps actions

Garf - fair point but the actions of Hans and Nicki drag down the whole name of the Danes. Ive seen Gjedde do stupid things that could be classed as dirty however my main point is that pretty much all the riders do it. As Havvy said at that level of riding you have to be ruthless - probably the main reason that Adams has never won the world title.

however my main point is that pretty much all the riders do it. As Havvy said at that level of riding you have to be ruthless - probably the main reason that Adams has never won the world title.

And that is probably the best post to sum up international riding of today, unless we want speedway to become politically correct with no hard racing at all then we should just accept that some 'dirty' racing will occur from time to time. :rolleyes:

Edited by JT

however my main point is that pretty much all the riders do it. As Havvy said at that level of riding you have to be ruthless - probably the main reason that Adams has never won the world title.

And that is probably the best post to sum up international riding of today, unless we want speedway to become politically correct with no hard racing at all then we should just accept that some 'dirty' racing will occur from time to time. :rolleyes:

So your point is : lets accept it !, if it's not a dane.

Grab a Tuborg, that'l help.

Peter.

So your point is : lets accept it !, if it's not a dane.

Grab a Tuborg, that'l help.

Peter.

No, I'm saying it doesn't matter what country they are from extremely hard racing WILL occur and some may see it as dirty, maybe this is just speedway in the 21st Century? :unsure:

I knew this would be nearing 10 pages already! lol

I have to admit it made me laugh, I would have laughed if he'd kicked TRick or Scotty or any other rider for that matter - it was totally unexpected & random! It didn't achieve anything, he got excluded so he didn't gain from it & be honest, Nicki never looked in danger of coming off.

Its a bit over the top to claim he could have hurt Nicki, should it have caused Nicki problems it would have been the type of domino effect you get with first bend bunching which rarely causes injury. Maybe if he'd turned right at the first bend & speared Nicki or took his front wheel then it would be reasonable to say he could have been hurt, but not after a little kick.

I admit it wasn't very sporting & was wrong, but it was funny & livened up what I also feel was a rather dull meeting.

And One Kick doesn't make him a dirty rider!

True, but many other incidents he's been involved in do!

Kevin - I am no fan of Jason Crump but I have never viewed him as a dirty rider!

Kevin - I am no fan of Jason Crump but I have never viewed him as a dirty rider!

Fair enough Tabby, I'm no fan of him either but have seen him ride on may occasions and sometimes he employs, shall we say, questionable tactics imo.