British Speedway Forum

Just my personal opinion AndyM.

I did say the racing got better as the meeting went on and there were some good races, but there were also a lot of very strung out heats, particularly in the early stages. I just prefer smaller tracks, each to their own.

Got back from Sweden late last night, via Copenhagen, minus my bags which are somewhere at Copenhagen airport!! :blink: What a brill weekend it was!! Its the first Grand Prix I've been to and I'll definately be going to more, it was great.... managed to catch my flight out, which had AJ, Jason Crump and Michael Max on board. :lol: who all looked a tad blearly eyed at 5am!

Edited by Queen Bee

Maybe they're pricing it too highly and now the novelty is wearing off people in all the countries are staying at ome to watch on TV. Plenty of people have said that they've done Cardiff now and don't go because of the ticket prices - look at the 2005 tickets - £50 for a middle tier back straight seat. It's not cheap.

I agree with what JT is saying about the venues, and it's great to see the GP is such prestigious stadiums but having them half empty is just as bad as holding the event in smaller less well known places.

Rabbit I agree 100%. Not sure what BSI are trying to do, but some of the prices I have seen are ridiculous. Is it any surprise half the stadia are empty. Cardiff is clearly an exception & it IS a fantastic day out, but even so, there will come a time when people won't pay inflated prices. I recall when the GP first came to stadia like this that BSI said that they would sell tickets @ £10 to fill the venues up. Mmmm.....

now the novelty is wearing off people in all the countries are staying at ome to watch on TV.

Perhaps, as has been said in the past, there are simply too many GP's so they are not so special to fans anymore, too much of good thing etc etc. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Perhaps it would be a good idea if BSI cut down the number of GP's, perhaps they should reliquish their hold over the GP's altogether :D and allow the hosting nations the profits from them. The fans would be more inclined to support the GP's if their nation's speedway authorities were pocketing the profit and using it to the benefit of the sport in their own country!

Aww Garf - didn't think you were the harsh type. ;) Can't be too ctritical on Antonio - from an interview I read today he'd never even been to a GP before today let alone ridden in one so don't think you can read too much into his early exit. Wait 'til it's for real next year... :P

As for the GP...not one of the better ones although the racing did get better towards the end. Still can't see how people prefer big fast tracks like that - leave me cold. Give me a smaller track with plenty of racing lines any day.

I'm not, but I could not help it. :wink:

It was a try to get a few replies from SS. :rolleyes: It is usually so funny when he comes with his "not at all" biased opinion. :wink:

Got home 1hr ago from Sweden after a 15 hour delay and then a hold up on M25 due to accident :mad: The weekend was good otherwise. Racing was a bit disappointing to start, with a bit of 'follow the leader' but it did improve later on. Only brought our tickets on Saturday afternoon and after being told that all the seats between 1st & 2nd bend (where you could get the cheaper of the kids priced tickets) were sold out , chose the next option of seating on the 3rd bend instead. As it happened we had an excellent view, so it was an added bonus and I think we were undercharged which was even better! But suprise, suprise, once you were in there, there were ample seats in 1st and 2nd bend area. Bit of a con to get extra dosh, I think! Sat near a couple of Swedish blokes who got very stressy, especially after AJ missed out and they took great delight in slinging their half empty glass of lager across the crowd. But they chilled a bit later and enjoyed the rest of the meeting. Was quite amazed at how small a crowd there was, but following last year's disaster I'm not suprised that a lot stayed home and followed it on Sky. Would definately go again as everything was so local and it was so easy to get around - superb public transport system (unlike England!)

I landed at Standstead airport yesterday at about 1.15. 4 days in Gothenburg and was without a doubt the best time i've ever had. Mark Loram was on the flight over, Ryan Sullivan, Scott Nicholls, Ove Trevinin (???) and one for the gentleman Sophie Blake. GP was'nt fantastic but at least I got to see one this year. I appreciate Sweden because the fans love AJ and so do I. :rolleyes::D

Got back from Sweden late last night, via Copenhagen, minus my bags which are somewhere at Copenhagen airport!! :blink: What a brill weekend it was!! Its the first Grand Prix I've been to and I'll definately be going to more, it was great.... managed to catch my flight out, which had AJ, Jason Crump and Michael Max on board. :lol: who all looked a tad blearly eyed at 5am!

Where did you fly from Queen Bee??????

Not long back myself from Gothenburg. Had a great time in the 'windy city'. Met 'Queen Bee' and the 'new Bees fan', they even took me to the Flying Scotsman to make me feel at home. :D Lovely place, great hotel. I enjoyed the GP, it is alot better when you are actually there than watching it on TV. Great hotel. Walked miles. Only thing I didn't like was the band at the GP. Oh and I also had a great seat on the back straight, nobody could understand me and I couldn't understand them :rolleyes: cheered for Greg when he was up against AJ (sorry Beccy :wink: )

What happened Chezza with the flight? I came in the morning and there was two queues for London. Sorry I missed you but I didn't know who you were :sad:

And I've learned something else this weekend, that when you ask for cider they ask you what flavour you would like :unsure:

Edited by Joanne

Did you try pear cidar, very nice, to die for. :D

That must have been what I had at the Flying Scotsman but they didn't ask, I just thought it was weird cider. I had strawberry cider in my hotel :P

nobody could understand me and I couldn't understand them :rolleyes:

Just like being at Oxford then Jo. :wink:

nobody could understand me and I couldn't understand them :rolleyes:

Just like being at Oxford then Jo. :wink:

She will get you for that Kevin :)

What happened Chezza with the flight? I came in the morning and there was two queues for London. Sorry I missed you but I didn't know who you were :sad:

And I've learned something else this weekend, that when you ask for cider they ask you what flavour you would like :unsure:

Sorry Joanne, we were probably the ones curled in a ball on the floor in the corner having a kip!!! There were 8 of us altogether but three of us had Team Artdeans blue jackets on, so we might have been visible! Nightmare. After boarding the plane at 10.30pm the previous night we then got off loaded at 11.30pm - problems with plane, and all sent back into departures. Eventually got announcement that we had to leave and come back for check in at 9am for flight at 11am and the best bit was that they were planning to close the airport (so all the passengers would have been totally stranded!!!). Needless to say we all protested and eventually they agreed to keep the place open but there would be no catering facilities until 7.30am. So we all twiddled our thumbs and anything else we could get hold of until we could check in again and then at 9.30am the flight was put back until 12.30pm as the pilot was out of his flying hours!!!! Met some nice people while we were waiting though. I felt sorry for one guy on the flight who should have been catching a flight to Darwin at Heathrow yesterday morning. He hastily had to re-arrange that and managed to get another one today.

I too thought the cider was a strange thing - hubby drank that but said they were nice.

Got back from Sweden late last night, via Copenhagen, minus my bags which are somewhere at Copenhagen airport!!  :blink:  What a brill weekend it was!!  Its the first Grand Prix I've been to and I'll definately be going to more, it was great.... managed to catch my flight out, which had AJ, Jason Crump and Michael Max on board. :lol: who all looked a tad blearly eyed at 5am!

Where did you fly from Queen Bee??????

Birmingham International...