British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gbr135

2005 czech gp

Oh get you :P

Hey Rico - any tips on Hotels for the Polish GPs?

(Please e-mail our tour manager with your thoughts :))

btw

Hope Tour manager's co-ordinator has sorted Cardiff ...

Rico

What's Wroclaw got that Prague hasn't? clean answers please

Addy

I know the hotels I'm after in Bydgoszcz, I'm going to pounce on them as soon as I know the dates. No luck with accom. for my co-ordinator in Cardiff yet, still looking :sad:

I've been to Prague twice, whereas I've only been to Wroclaw once (ooops, well I am going out there again this weekend actually !).

Ok, I've only been to one Wroclaw GP compared to two in Prague. Loved the racing and atmosphere at Wroclaw (Walasek must get another wildcard !). There's even a Scottish themed pub on the main square to remind you of home Joanne. I'm sure they'll overcharge you though :P There's also the delight of club PRL in Wroclaw - spent a couple of nights in there and had a ball - it's certainly on the agenda for this weekends trip.

Have never thought Prague has produced great racing as the track is too flat - lovely city though and well worth a weekend in.

Rico :rolleyes:

Surprised you can remember much about your last trip to Prague Rico :P

Hoping the Prague GP isn't in May next year as I won't be able to make it if it is. Could always try a Polish GP instead, but it seems much easier travelling to and around Czecho than Poland.

Guest BilaHora

Mr Wackie

I would guess the major difference is that the Czech Grand Prix is held in the capital city Prague, which is a major tourist destination and therefore has reasonably good infrastructure. On the other hand, the Polish Grand Prix are held in Wroclaw and Bydgoszcz which are industrial areas. I would guess that if the Grand Prix were held in Warsaw and Cracow you would find it as easy as Prague.

I still say that November would be the ideal time, largely as it would coincide with my annual holiday in Prague.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Mr Wackie

I would guess the major difference is that the Czech Grand Prix is held in the capital city Prague, which is a major tourist destination and therefore has reasonably good infrastructure. On the other hand, the Polish Grand Prix are held in Wroclaw and Bydgoszcz which are industrial areas. I would guess that if the Grand Prix were held in Warsaw and Cracow you would find it as easy as Prague.

I still say that November would be the ideal time, largely as it would coincide with my annual holiday in Prague.

Regards

BilaHora

Thing is though is, the Americann & Aussie GP competitors will be sunning themselves in California, Sydney, Melbourne, etc......

GP season finishes early October, Speedway season itself finishes October 31st....Would be a pretty empty stadium at Marketa in November ;)

Surprised you can remember much about your last trip to Prague Rico  :P 

I remember I was drunk and caught on camera by some Reading fan :D

(Rico ducks for cover)

With the budget airlines moving into Poland things are certainly easier. And if you can't fly direct to where you want to go to there are always alternatives not too far away. (e.g. Poznan/Katowice for Wroclaw, Gdansk/Poznan for Bydgoszcz)

Two things get in the way of that Bila Hora, the weather and the fact that domestic speedway is over in Europe by then. Otherwise, feel free to write to BSI and see if they'll extend the season for you :P

Rico :rolleyes: