British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whowasthatberntpersson

Aussie Champs Dissapointment

Must say how dissapointed I am with the non appearance (at this stage) of Jason Crump in this years four round Australian Championship.

I understand the need for riders to have a break but this is real downer for Australian based fans.

Last years multi round Championship was a success, Jason's inclusion as World Champion this year would of given the sport in OZ a bit of a boost.

The Australian Championship had been losing its appeal for many years until last year when something different was tried, pity Jason can't do his bit to try to re establish this once great event on the calender.

Wouldn't it be nice to turn back the clock 20 or 30 years when the likes of Crump, Sanders, Boulger, Titman, Herne, etc, returned from Europe and rode on home soil.

They had to ride in State and national Championships in those days otherwise their World Championship aspirations were over.

Now there's an idea.

Brizheathen,

It's a real shame for Aussie speedway that those requirements can't be enforced for the current breed of rider.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Indeed WWTBP, especially as Jason didn't compete last year and was one of the few notable absentees last year (Adam Shields being the other main one).

With talk of Leigh Adams wanting a rest & Ryan Sullivan having other commitments (?) and perhaps not riding either it does leave the field a little light on at the pointy end.

I'll still go though !!!!

Leigh is definatley riding Lunchy, so is Johno so i guess i'll see you in Gosford. :)

I might add that the non appearance of Jason is dissapointing, the first Aussie world champ in over fifty years certainly would have got some backside trackside.

Ay all,

It's a real pity for all us fans here in Oz, it would have been great to see our world #1 go at it full tonk with Leigh, Ryan, JL, Johno etc etc etc, for the Australian title this year. I'll be one of the fortunate ones to see JC go round at my local track Gosford, but I hear it will be his only meet whilst here sadly for all the other states/fans. I'm also fortunate that the first 2 rounds this year are within an hours drive(racked up 50+ hrs driving to last yrs titles + the Gfd rnd), definately be at those & then maybe another trip down the Hume, see how it pans out.

Any news on the international inclusions?

Cheers Poona.

Any news on the international inclusions?

Cheers Poona.

Interesting question Poona because I've also heard Labrador will have a strong support solo field for the next meeting (Queensland Sidecar Championship) which will include Internationals.

Does anyone have any idea what riders are heading Down under this year?

Leigh is definatley riding Lunchy, so is Johno so i guess i'll see you in Gosford. :)

Good to see you've recovered from last year in time for this year's championship rounds Ozyace!

:rolleyes::wink:

Cya at Gosford..... and Newcastle..... and at Gillman...... AND at Mildura! :wink:

I'm looking forward to catcjing up with you again Bryn.

Johno's dads not coming this year so i'm mechanic and crowd controller. ;)

Must say how dissapointed I am with the non appearance

(at this stage) of Jason Crump in this years four round

Australian Championship.

In one of interviews (probably at British TV) he said he was

gonna join this years competition. Has anything changed recently?

Must say how dissapointed I am with the non appearance

(at this stage) of Jason Crump in this years four round

Australian Championship.

In one of interviews (probably at British TV) he said he was

gonna join this years competition. Has anything changed recently?

I'm almost certain he's not competing at this stage. Maybe there's more to this than Jason just having a rest.

I've heard the rumours but I'll reserve comment.

Let me just say Jason has always honoured the fans at Labrador on the Gold Coast even in very ordinary meetings he's made an effort to help out the Gold Coast club.