British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lucious artorius castas

Which NSW Young Gun Rider Do U Rate

Who do you think out of the current crop of New South Wales "Young Guns" currently without international experience has what it takes to progress to the next level?

Chris Holder (i think he is a special)

James Holder

Jason Doyle (A good prospect here)

Lewis Myers

Dane Stevens

Jaye Herne

Must admit Chris Holder caught my eye last year when at Gosford, didn't see Daine Stevens as he was back playing cricket so I was told but now back on a bike and is quite rated from the people I spoke to.

Chris' brother James had a few good races too and could come on givn the chances.

With Jaye Herne it is a confidence thing with the crash he had two years ago still I think in his mind.

Louis Myers has good tackle with dad Mark the main sponsor ofg most of the top NSW boys through Flour Trans and he was going to come to the UK last year but didn't --maybe 2005.

Never saw Jason Doyle (any relation to Glenn ??).

Just wish I was there again as it exactly 12 months since I was itting in teh Herne household sipping a cold one and getting ready to go to Gosford !!!

Edited by Main Man

:wink::D

Just wish I was there again as it exactly 12 months since I was itting in teh Herne household sipping a cold one and getting ready to go to Gosford !!!

Don't worry MM - I'll down a few tinnies for you! :rolleyes:

Must admit Chris Holder caught my eye last year when at Gosford, didn't see Daine Stevens as he was back playing cricket so I was told but now back on a bike and is quite rated from the people I spoke to.

Chris' brother James had a  few good races too and could come on givn the chances.

With Jaye Herne it is a confidence thing with the crash he had two years ago still I think in his mind.

Louis Myers has good tackle with dad Mark the main sponsor ofg most of the top NSW boys through Flour Trans and he was going to come to the UK last year but didn't --maybe 2005.

Never saw Jason Doyle (any relation to Glenn ??).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I think Dane is riding again this season and i hear with some decent machinery under his butt so perhaps we will finally get to see his true worth he was always hot stuff as a junior ringing the neck out of that 125.

As for Jaye i think unfortuantely he lacks decent equipment which may be hampering him a little bit. Speaking of Hernes what a pity Lee hasnt made it back to the U.K. his improvement after his season with Arena was evident in his results out here thats for sure and one of the real nice guys with a down to earth personality like all the Hernes:)...........No worries hopefully catch up with you Brynner sometime soon rather than later dude.....................P.S. Will u be at the u21's at Tamworth mate?

P.S. Will u be at the u21's at Tamworth mate?

Sure will be mate! :D

will any come over to england this year

Hi GxJxN, i think out of the current crop of NSW riders maybe Doyle will hava a go in 05 but i think it is still way to early for Chris and Jimmy Holder with perhaps Jaye Herne, Dane Stevens and Lewis Myers thrown into the mix for later on as well. But keep out an eye for later down the track from these young fellas Korey Williams and Sam Masters currently slaying them all in the juniors (cousin of Jaye and Dane). Also dont rule out another go from Ben Shields he bounced back to some real form domestically after recovering from injuries and an indifferent but unfortuante debut in the Premier League. Ben i believe still has what it takes to make a go of it over there. Just needs to get over his latest injury, get his ass back on board his rocketship, learn a bit more of his set up and get the runs on the board for a possible springboard back to the U.K. racing and what a pity Dean Wiseman gave it up at young age he was heading O/S for sure.

But once again all horses for courses isnt it as racing over there is much different to here so unfortuantely 12 meetings or so to settle in and post some reasonable scores maybe asking too much from clubs and fans hungry for results. But we shall see i guess in the years ahead but i think the cradle of nurturing young riders to their peak form is well and truly alive here in OZ thats for sure now if only we can entice more of the young dirt track riders to stay in the sport once they hit 16 is the problem instead of going over to the more popular and in vogue sports of MX, SX or the bitumen jockeys....................Cheers :D

On 12/26/2004 at 10:52 PM, Guest lucious artorius castas said:

Who do you think out of the current crop of New South Wales "Young Guns" currently without international experience has what it takes to progress to the next level?

Chris Holder (i think he is a special)

James Holder

Jason Doyle (A good prospect here)

Lewis Myers

Dane Stevens

Jaye Herne

Sounds like you knew what you were talking about lol!