British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

No room at the Inn? - Cardiff

Never thought of that.. good thinking that woman!! :D

:( Checked last night and it's fully booked now..

There is however another Travel Inn in Newport on a business park I believe, so that's the last resort.

If I can't book there.. it's off to a caravan park for the weekend I think!!

Just done a quick search online and it has come up with a few availabilities in the Cardiff area.... Here

Seems there may be vacancies at the Copthorne Hotel through that site...

Edited by crazysue

:( Checked last night and it's fully booked now..

There is however another Travel Inn in Newport on a business park I believe, so that's the last resort.

If I can't book there.. it's off to a caravan park for the weekend I think!!

the parkway

Panic over! :D Mr Chivs has come to my rescue!!!

Cheers pal! :lol:

oh no :neutral: please dont say ur staying with chivs :P

Celtic Springs. If it's any help.

try the trains jay, we got a train after the meeting last year and we didnt have to pay  :approve:  :D

No, we had return tickets. YOU didn't have to pay!

I'm sure the Celtic Manor has a few rooms, it must have, being as big as it it. Just expect to have to re-mortgage to afford it!

Edited by SCB

well no one checked so how many others didnt pay :P

I finally found a guest house vaguely near the stadium! (3 miles away down Newport Rd)

I typed accomodation in Cardiff into yell.com and rang every B&B, Guesthouse and hotel on the list until I found one that was free (think I was up to about the 17th phone call! lol)

I nearly had a booking at about call number 10 but the hotel had just taken a booking for a wedding 5 minutes earlier! How inconsiderate of people to get married on SGP day! :P

If anyone else needs a place to stay I'd advise ringing every place in the phone book - one of them's bound to have a room - even if its the 17th one you try!

The scariest part was when you asked for rooms on the 11th June they didn't even say they'd go check, simply said 'Is that the speedway weekend?' And when I said 'yes' confirmed they were full!

I'm gunna ring up and book 10th June 2006 in one nearer the stadium! lol

The scariest part was when you asked for rooms on the 11th June they didn't even say they'd go check, simply said 'Is that the speedway weekend?'  And when I said 'yes' confirmed they were full!

There is a logic in saying they're booked if you just wanted the 11th though - why sell a room for one night when you might sell the same room for two or maybe even the three nights? Think of their profit margins ;) There is or atleast yesterday there was availability in Newport - direct motorway link or a £7 taxi fare to the railway station - according to my daughter who works at the Hotel concerned.

There is a logic in saying they're booked if you just wanted the 11th though - why sell a room for one night when you might sell the same room for two or maybe even the three nights?

I would say they are telling the truth and they are fully booked. A lot of hotels/guest houses cater for business men in the week so have rooms free at the weekend.

Many Speedway fans booked for 2005 when leaving last June as the G.P. is always the second Saturday of the month. I know all the people in our hotel did so it would have been "fully booked" way back in June 2004. :o

I cheated a little bit Gemini. I had already booked for Cardiff before I went to last years GP :o

we tried booking several places in may & june '04, only to be told by most if not all places that you cant book a year in advance!?? and we wern't trying for just a single room we were after four rooms but still no joy!! ah well merthyr tidfil it is then, aaaahh the drunken taxi ride back from cardiff, i cant wait!!!