British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AX Racing Team

Jason Doyle

Might want to have a look at this link:

This season Jason Doyle is riding a rolling chassis acquired from Leigh Adams (writes Peter White). The Novocastrian Solo prospect will be signed by Premier League (Second Division) Isle of Wight, who have a strong bond with Elite League Poole, if he performs strongly on Aussie tracks this summer.

link is:

http://www.peterwhitesspeedwayworld.com/trakyak.html

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I know rumours are exactly that but I heard a whisper on the weekend that Jason is already booked to go over to the UK this year and IOW were the team mentioned as signing him. The other part of the same rumour was that they did that because Troy Batchelor had been umming and ahhing a bit too long about going to IOW and they wanted to get something sorted out sooner rather than later. Of course it could just be a total furphy !!

Jason looked ok on Saturday night on the very fast Newcastle track until he had an unfortunate fall on his third ride and had to pull out of the rest of the meeting. In a round about way that caused the highlight of the meeting as Jason's reserve replacement Chris Holder brought the house down by winning a later heat by keeping Steve Johnston behind him for the entire three laps despite Johno being right up his exhaust for much of the race

Lunchy, Wato was also in this heat & lets not forget the nod & wave with his right leg to the stands on the exit of turn 4 to take the black & white. one of the best heats of the night , big nerve to hold those 2 off, gutsy stuff on the big stage Chris Holder, well done. Johno's B final win, that was an absolute thumper!!!

cheers Poona...

Edited by poona

Must admit I know Troy's sponsors in UK and they said he was off to Kings Lynn.

I saw Jason Doyle race in 2002 so I dont know how much he's improved over last 18mths. I beat him when we raced and Im no more than CL reserve standard. If he is off to IOW then Boycey really must have pushed to get him in there. He's a nice lad with good attitude but PL, hmm

What information do people have about Chris Holder? Age? experience? local track? How highly rated is he?

Guest SwineTown

www.speedway.org/programs/us/Australia/Australia%204.htm

"The meeting was won in impressive style by Chris Holder who earlier this

season won the N.S.W. and Queensland titles.

Chris reeled off five impressive victories before another rocket start saw him win the A Final, from his closest challenger Tom Armstrong, with Luke Slade in 3rd place and Rowan Tungate in 4th.

Holder certainly looks one for the future and he looked right at home on

the 105 meter Somersby track. He was challenged briefly by Armstrong in one of the early heats, but when it came to the crunch his starting technique held him in good stead."

Edited by SwineTown

To be fair, I've never heard of any of them other guys before, I have noticed the name Holder a couple of times though, so it means vry little to me to have seen him beat them riders. Thanks for the info anyway.

Also, while I'm asking questions, what ever happened to Dean Wiseman? Bakc in the winter of 2000/2001 he was the future of Aussie speedway, ahead of Davey Watt, Scott Smith and Ben Shields.

I saw Jason Doyle race in 2002 so I dont know how much he's improved over last 18mths. I beat him when we raced and Im no more than CL reserve standard. If he is off to IOW then Boycey really must have pushed to get him in there. He's a nice lad with good attitude but PL, hmm

Trust me Jess - you wouldn't beat him now! :wink: Won all the support races at Gosford last Wednesday with the likes of Jay Herne well behind him.

Trust me Jess - you wouldn't beat him now! :wink: Won all the support races at Gosford last Wednesday with the likes of Jay Herne well behind him.

I hope an email is Waggy bound then Bryn. :wink:

Guest lucious artorius castas

so it means vry little to me to have seen him beat them riders.

Thankfully potential Australian overseas riders dont have to rely certain Keyboard Grandstand Commandos opinons and judgements of them without even viewing them and before they have even stepped off the plane and unpacked their shipped bikes. Historical precedents have blown these persons theories right out of the water and will continue to do so in the ensuing years ahead. HERE ENDTH THE LESSON :D

Also, while I'm asking questions, what ever happened to Dean Wiseman? Bakc in the winter of 2000/2001 he was the future of Aussie speedway, ahead of Davey Watt, Scott Smith and Ben Shields.

From all reports Deano gave it away to concentrate on finishing his apprenticeship and having a good enough machinery ETC. At this time of writing nothing more has been heard of Dean making a comeback in the near future. His mother is still very active within the NSW speedway community acting in various roles as an official for both Speedway, junior speedway and dirt track meetings. His brother also was racing sometime ago FTX MX dirt track as well. Going on Deans past records as an upcoming rider of some note it is a real shame that NSW speedway has lost his services as such a young age as he had much to offer as very good prospect. Perhaps some day he might make a comeback as he is still only in his 20's so time is not a problem. :D

What information do people have about Chris Holder?  Age?  experience? local track?  How highly rated is he?

I've known the Holder family quite well for sometime. Chris alongside his brother James (Jimmy) have been riders of some potential from the get-go since they first started racing junior dirt track on MX bikes around NSW e.g. Kurri Kurri and Barleigh Ranch etc under the tutorlage of their father Mick a former rider of some note.

Chris in particular has blossomed quite nicely since his 125cc junior speedway days alongside of racing dirt track on his CR 80cc Rocketship. Their has been quite chat amongst speedway pundits in NSW that Chris had the makings of something very good once he progressed to the senior ranks and got his ass on board a 500cc.

Since his debut he progressed steadily and his current results are now showing his true potential as a genuine rider of some note for the future. His gating has always been lighting fast and his determination to go for the holeshot on the first is very dogged and not frighten to mix it up. His track craft is already evident as he rides all areas of the track quite well in particular like most young Aussie riders likes the outside sweep.

I beleive as i had some years previous Chris going on his current progression and his ambition to upgrade to the next level could go very well in the years to come and potentially an overseas ride is well within the realms of possibility. Also dont forget his brother Jimmy he has the goods as well both compliment one and other quite well . :D

Sorry Bryn this isnt Jess

axracingteam.co.uk

Chris Holder IMO is very good but is stuck with a work permit for UK right?

AXRacingTeam.co.uk

AndreCross.co.uk

JessieLamb.co.uk

The Ginger Ninja chief mechanic

Edited by AX Racing Team

Thankfully potential Australian overseas riders dont have to rely certain Keyboard Grandstand Commandos opinons and judgements of them without even viewing them and before they have even stepped off the plane and unpacked their shipped bikes. Historical precedents have blown these persons theories right out of the water and will continue to do so in the ensuing years ahead.  HERE ENDTH THE LESSON :D

Anth(?), my post was not meant like that. I simply meant as I had not heard of any of them, I was not able to make any sort of comparason with other riders and just how good they are.

AX, why can't Chris Holder get a work permit? I though anyone aged 17 to 30(?) could get a working holiday visa, especially as he has not bene over here before to have any reason to refuse one.

Edited by SCB