British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

SGP of Europe - Chorzow Poland 17th May

Guest cheetahhawk

OMG here I am agreeing with Steve Shovlar,like Lupus says everyone is allowed to once. :shock:

Although I have seen better racing I actually thought the racing improved as the meeting went on,that final was really good from an Oxford fan's point of view.Well done Lukas and Nicki :!:

Maggie,Mark didn't ride,which I thought was sensible for his health,let's hope he is fit enough to ride in the next GP.

It also blew out of the water the myth that temporary tracks are bad and permenant tracks are good - Slaski has been around for donkey's years and it still looked pretty awful!

Sorry Lupus, but that was a temporary track mate. And therefore it was bad.

Parts of the track were left down from last years GP but without using it, which of course they couldn't, it never had a chance to improve.

Temp' tracks will always be bad unless they find a way of having some banking.

I call:

1. Tony R

2. N Pedersen

3. T Gollob

4. J Crump

Having said that I had a punt on Nicki at 16/1. I see he started out at 25/1, so I can't be the only one. :lol:

A wee toot on my own trumpet first - not a bad prediction eh?

Gotta say though I fear Tony is going to run away with it this year. The pressure is really on Crump and Sullivan already.

The start girls have gone down hill, but the white helmet made up for it :lol:

The raceing was poor to start off with but got better.

Mark Loram.

Glad they had some sort of fitness test but sounded more like an agreement to me.

Not convinced he should have been awarded the points.

Does this now opens the flood gates to lots of appeals in the future?

The start girls have gone down hill :lol:

I thought the one in blue had a nice bum, but it's a bit worrying when you start admiring the riders helmets. :-o

Lt you bring out the worst in me! :twisted:

I refuse to answer your comments on the grounds I'll get banned!

:shock:

:P

I thought Gollob might have given Rickardsson a run for his money in the Final - but he drew the dreaded gate 3, which by the second half of the meeting was hopeless. Poor old Scott Nicholls, who had ridden into the main event relatively easily, then ended up with gate 3 twice and soon said bye bye.

Mark Loram.

Glad they had some sort of fitness test but sounded more like an agreement to me.

Yes, indeed. Doesn't seem fair that Lee Richardson, for example, rode his hardest and only ended up with 2 more points than Mark who didn't ride at all. Not only that but we had to watch races with only 3 riders because Loram had pulled out.

What about Andreas Jonsson? He might as well have done the same just to get the 5 points. I think this is setting a very dangerous precedent, but what do others think?

It is a bit of a dodgy one this....but I guess the right people felt that Mark was there to make a genuine attempt to race despite his injuries. Also, after making that effort, it was too late to replace him.

Let's not forget he's paid for those points too, I suppose. In more ways than one !

Let's hope he's fit and fast for the next one. :approve:

I call:

1. Tony R

2. N Pedersen

3. T Gollob

4. J Crump

Having said that I had a punt on Nicki at 16/1. I see he started out at 25/1, so I can't be the only one. :lol:

A wee toot on my own trumpet first - not a bad prediction eh?

Gotta say though I fear Tony is going to run away with it this year. The pressure is really on Crump and Sullivan already.

u could had least got the other 2 places right what up with yer :D:D:D:D

Mark Loram.

Yes, indeed. Doesn't seem fair that Lee Richardson, for example, rode his hardest and only ended up with 2 more points than Mark who didn't ride at all. Not only that but we had to watch races with only 3 riders because Loram had pulled out.

What about Andreas Jonsson? He might as well have done the same just to get the 5 points. I think this is setting a very dangerous precedent, but what do others think?

Now

all due respect - you are not being very fair.

A good friend of a good friend of mine is a very good friend of Mark ...

and spent Friday evening with him and his mechanic.

Mark showed all indication of his intention of riding the next day.

In deed what clinches it for me is that Mark went to bed early in preparation - and didn't stay up until the early hours drinking with the rest of them -

If he was not serious I could not see him making such a great sacrifice ...

Just going by what Mark said in this week's Speedway Star when he said the injury has "a long way to go yet" so it didn't seem to me very likely he would be fit enough to ride.

I think the point I was trying to make was whether he should have been awarded the points or not without having set foot on the track. It has not happened before but you can bet your life it will happen again now the precedent has been set.

Hopefully Mark will be fully recovered for the British Grand Prix. :approve:

That's what I thought when I heard the decision taken with Loram - If Andreas lodgesan appeal, and imo he should, the FIM will find it extremely hard to justify not awarding him the points.

I believe the correct decision was taken with Mark, and the five points he got were a result of his qualifying position from last year so they were deserved - he earnt them on the track. He will be at a disadvantage in the next GP because he'll have to start in the qualifiers, so what goes round comes round.

A good decision from the FIM, only spoilt because they haven't (yet) extended the ruling to Andreas.

That's what I thought when I heard the decision taken with Loram - If Andreas lodgesan appeal, and imo he should, the FIM will find it extremely hard to justify not awarding him the points.

Doesn't apply to Andreas as he wasn't in the Main Event, he would only have been awarded a point!

Doesn't apply to Andreas as he wasn't in the Main Event, he would only have been awarded a point!

Sure LW, you are correct, but nonetheless he should be entitled to it (imo).