British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sir Lunchalot

Broadford Today

Guest Sir Lunchalot

It's not Sir L posting but it's Bryn let loose on his puter here in downtown Melbourne. I couldn't be bothered to log him out and log myself in cos I'm a tad cream crackered! THAT's because I somehow got outa bed at 4.40am (I kid you not!) this morn to catch the first flight out of Adelaide after witnessing the Jack Young Cup last evening so I could be at Broadford here in Victoria for the SSRAV'S latest club day meeting. That I could catch that crack of dawn flight is thanks to Dave & Maureen Schooling who, without hesitation, offered to drive me to Adelaide airport at that ridiculous hour! Landing at Melbourne ten minutes early, we then had a 20 minute delay cos, would you credit this, another plane was parked in our designated parking spot! :-)

Anyway Lunchy was there to greet me and drive me to Broadford for what turned in to be another good day's racing the only problem being that their part-time "guest" announcer was not full of the joys of spring until he properly woke up midway thru the afternoon! :rolleyes:

The main action featured thirteen contestants in the senior solo section and there was some very competitive racing with all riders having four outings on a pretty hot day indeed with temps in the low thirties - celcius!

Ashley Jones (as I've said elsewhere before - he's itching for another chance in the UK) top scored with 11 dropping his only point to Matt Jones (NO relation) in what was a superb dice.

Matt would have finished on 10 points but for suffering a fall in his third race whilst comfortably in second behind Tyron Procter in heat 9 and that win for the latter and a second place behind Mark Jones in his last ride saw him and young Jones (ash's younger brother) finish with 10 pts as did Karlis Ezergailis.

These three - Mark, Tyron and Karlis would certainly like to record double figure scores in next weekend's Aussie Under 21 meetings at Tamworth. The qualifier on Friday, and the final itself 24 hours later will, alas, be my last two doses of Aussie action....well to Novemberish (!).... so crank up the temperatures back in blighty please...ta muchly!