British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GxJxN

Jack Young Cup

1st Schlein

2nd Doolan

3rd Ksiezak

4th Gathercole

Weathers, Woodward & T. Hedley were next best.

Ksiezak racing with a bit of fight in his system.

Schlien blitzed all of them easy.

Corey Gathercole is coming on in leaps and bounds but doesnt have any patriality but can get a working holiday visa.

Scott Blackwell raced from the Uk. Slid off and limped away and didnt take any further part.

A lot of people were disappointed as they thought Adams and Parker would be racing

No mention of Joel Parsons, can anyone tell me whether he was riding and how he did? :)

No mention of Joel Parsons, can anyone tell me whether he was riding and how he did?  :)

Joel did ride on the night but had a very ordinary meeting and after falling withdrew towards the end of the night after Bugeja pulled off a brilliant inside pass which left Joel in the heavy dirt mid track. It was a night of primary chain problems however. I believe Schlein used 5 or 6 on the night and other riders had to change them regularly. Young Scott Blackwell was one of the primary chain casualties. It was the primary chain coming off which caused his fall and withdrawal from the meeting.

I don't know if I was more impressed with the way the local non uk riders took the competition to their counterparts who have recently returned from overseas or less impressed with the level of competition from the overseas riders.

The win to Schlein was a foregone conclusion after the withdrawal of Leigh Adams from the meeting and then Brett Woodifield's withdraw with engine failure after practice.

Jack