British Speedway Forum
pudding

Halifax Juniors

i would like to get back in touch with some of the boys who rode for the juniors @ the shay in the 80's , richard beever , kenny young , rob manchester etc ,

See Rob Manchester at Sheffield every now and again think his lad is just starting, any others you remember David Clay, Simon Challoner, Ian Sutcliffe i could go on and on and on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for that , i will have to watch out for rob & his lad , yeah i remember david clay too , & there was ashley norton , rob tate , gordon whittaker , guy wilson & max schofield was the mascot

The most memorable Halifax junior was Kevin Bellfield, especially when he nearly mowed then junior manager (Trevor Hardacre??) over on the centre green after clipping the fence near the start line.

Anyway back to the post, didn't Kenny Young used to sell speedway spares?? Seem to remember him being based in Lightcliffe

i think i remember him , wasnt he really bad ???? and i think it was terry hardacre but im not sure , i was mates with most of the riders , mainly the juniors tho , i would like to get in touch with richard beever , we had some good laugh's together , last i knew he was living in holmfirth near huddesfield , but thats a long time ago , and the last time i spoke to kenny young was over 10 years ago @ bradford ,

Guest Nelly
Any of you remember Mark Hepworth think he did a bit at Halifax before moving onto Sheffield????????????

Mark mechanics for Sean Wilson now!

We are at present trying to contact all Halifax Ex Riders, juniors as well as first team for the reunion on July 2nd, 2005 at Milan's Hotel in Halifax we have a great line up of ex riders already attending but the more the merrier we have been trying to contact Kenny Young without any luck Rob Manchester came along last year to our reunion check out the website www.halifaxdukes.co.uk anyone know of the whereabouts of any Ex- Halifax Dukes please get in touch

Cheers

We are at present trying to contact all Halifax Ex Riders, juniors as well as first team for the reunion on July 2nd, 2005 at Milan's Hotel in Halifax we have a great line up of ex riders already attending but the more the merrier we have been trying to contact Kenny Young without any luck Rob Manchester came along last year to our reunion check out the website www.halifaxdukes.co.uk anyone know of the whereabouts of any Ex- Halifax Dukes please get in touch

Cheers

what about robin archer he came from newcastle i still keep in touch with him and max now runs a pub in london what about the clegg brothers from manchester