British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sir Lunchalot

Final Broadford Club Day For The Season

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Lovely sunny autumns day for the running of the final club day till the start of next season in October. Excellent racing with the sidecars especially very competitive. Highlight of the day for me was the 1000cc sidecar handicap race which was a perfect way to finish off the seasons entertainment. It was excitement plus as the front marker found some speed no one knew he had to hold off the charging pack. There must be something about hearing 5 loud engines screaming up behind you instead of checking out three other sets of back wheels for 4 laps !! All through the field there were passing attempts being made with those in front rather keen to maintain bragging rights and boast about it at the after meeting BBQ.

In the solos Tyron Proctor was extremely good with four wins and also took out the cumulative points score trophy for the season. Could someone ask Ashley Jones why he wasn't there to collect his fourth place prize ?

Another day to savour and enjoy but what am I going to do for 5 months with no speedway ........ hang on, when did WWTBP say the three NSW vs Qld meetings were on up the far north where its sunny and warm and lovely ?????????

You'll be welcome up here in July.

Give us a yell if you are thinking about making it up this way H. I can assure you the action will be fast and furious, the locals won't want their colours lowered by those Southerners.

Its amazing isn't it, a couple of weeks ago in North Queensland the meetings were coming thick and fast, now its gone quiet we don't know what to do with ourselves.