British Speedway Forum
Anders`

Cardiff Gp - 2nd Severn Crossing

The M4 limit is 70mph, apart from where it quite cleary stats, 50mph AFTER you come over the Severn Bridge (the newer of the 2, AFAIK, the old cross is on the M48).

The M4 limit is 70mph, apart from where it quite cleary stats, 50mph AFTER you come over the Severn Bridge (the newer of the 2, AFAIK, the old cross is on the M48).

Thank's!

Please tell me you aren't driving whilst on a GP trip, so glad I am using the train to get to Cardiff :D

Rico :rolleyes:

Please tell me you aren't driving whilst on a GP trip, so glad I am using the train to get to Cardiff  :D

Rico  :rolleyes:

What do you mean :blink::D !!??

Plane leaves in two hours, EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a 40mph limit on the section of M5 they are widening just north of Avonmouth (junction 20) same going back. Cameras there too

Guest Steve Dixon
Yes me and Nevsy were caught by them for the New Year Classic earlier in the year, so I will be driving the whole way there at 49mph :P

I'm surprised the old Fiat gets above 30!! :unsure::o:D

looks like there could be a few cameras between jct 30 and Cardiff as well

south wales cameras

If anyone form England gets flashed by one of them I think they've gone too far. I could be wrong tough :unsure::neutral:

If anyone form England gets flashed by one of them I think they've gone too far. 

Yes, it is not right that we send money to the South Wales force! Should we plead for clemency?

you are of course correct SCB...but strangely I'll personally be taking that route as im staying with relatives just off jct 32

it also looks like there are FIXED 70MPH Cameras between jcts 14 and 16 on M4 (between Hungerford and Bath)

http://www.safetycameraswiltshire.co.uk/

they should operate between 14 and 18 but there are currently roadworks cameras checking at 50mph between 16 and 18 (as the Wiz of Shadwell found out to his cost :(:D )

http://secure.safetycameraswiltshire.co.uk

Edited by Splatty

they also have mobile camaras on the M4 between junction 14 - 18 highlighted on the news latley, they can read your car's speed a half mile away, and don't forget................

""those new electronic signs on the M4? Well they were switched on by some transport minister on Tuesday. Now the bad news, they are rigged with the SPECS speed cameras.

SPECS is a camera based system. As you go past a camera software detects and reads your number plate. When you go past the next camera, it detects and reads your number plate again. It knows how far apart the cameras are so it can work out your average speed between the two cameras.

The system is fully automatic and will automatically issue a ticket without any form of human intervention. It does this for every single vehicle that passes a camera! You will not know you've been nicked as the cameras don't flash. There's no film in them either, they're digital. Images of you in your car, together with the date and time are stored on disc (I assume they only keep them if you've been nicked).

It works 24/7, 365 days a year, and theoretically, there's absolutely no limit on the number of tickets that it can issue.

The whole section of the M4 between Theale (J12) and Membury Services (between 14 and 15) is wired, both ways. It is believed that the system

is set to trigger a ticket at 78 mph.

The bad news gets even worse. For those who've got radar detectors, they won't work. SPECS is entirely passive, there's no radar or laser beam to pick up.

Happy Motoring! ""

Hasent this been going around about a year as one off thous email scare storys but that time they were on the M25.

Yes me and Nevsy were caught by them for the New Year Classic earlier in the year, so I will be driving the whole way there at 49mph :P

I will believe that when i see it!! :wink:

Guest sw7179
It is believed that the system

is set to trigger a ticket at 78 mph.

Correct, they are set to 78mph. I work as a Traffic Signal Installer and sometimes my job overlaps with the world of cameras (Gatsos as they are known). And before anyone has a pop at me I dont decide where they go, dont design them, dont install them.

Be wary of the 78mph thing though, this is et high to account for discrepencies in your cars speedo, so if youre doing say 75mph through them for example and your cars speedo is slightly out you'll get nabbed anyway.