British Speedway Forum

So - what ideas can we come up with then for next year, apart from the simple one from Ian, which is always a good idea.

I like the idea of pony and trap - especially if pony decides to do what ponies do on journeys. Would make the track more interesting for the racing to follow!!! :lol:

So - what ideas can we come up with then for next year, apart from the simple one from Ian, which is always a good idea.

I like the idea of pony and trap - especially if pony decides to do what ponies do on journeys. Would make the track more interesting for the racing to follow!!!  :lol:

It would make it a bit slippery espescialy on the TURD bend.HA! HA HA! Edited by shaky

Guest Shale Eater
It would make it a bit slippery espescialy on the TURD bend.HA! HA HA!

Buy that man a pint :D:D:P:lol:

Don't really see why it needs to be "Americanised"

Riders, no helmets, trikes was good. This one fell flat big time and the problems it caused was hilarious.

Don't really see why it needs to be "Americanised"

Riders, no helmets, trikes was good.  This one fell flat big time and the problems it caused was hilarious.

i agree, the hummer even struggled getting out ouf the pits. the scene was set the tension had mounted the fans were expectant and the blinkin humer/limo took an age to come out of the pits, i didnt know wheter to laugh or feel ashamed

Edited by superjoe

.....i agree, the hummer even struggled getting out ouf the pits. .....

And that was after they "fixed" the grounding problem!!!

Guest cheetahhawk

I like the idea of pony and trap - especially if pony decides to do what ponies do on journeys. Would make the track more interesting for the racing to follow!!!  :lol:

You are wicked fairy4ever. :lol:

When I first saw the Hummer appear through the pits gate I thought that maybe the side facing the fans would be open or at the very least have the windows open so was very dissappointed when it got round to where we were to see no riders.

Like I said in another thread, when are BSI going to cotton on to the fact that speedway fans like to see their heroes on important occassions like the GP. :sad:

Another example of the influence of SkySports, as they were obviously just after the "Hollywood" shot of the riders emerging from the car and introduced by the totty, in a similar way to the red-carpet Oscars I suppose.

It did not work from a fans point of view as we like to think the riders can see us and where the majority of their support is based. I know from years of going to Coventry for British Finals that the Ipswich riders always knew to look at the exit of the second bend for their fan-base.

You cannot knock BSI for trying a new idea and I'm sure next year they will have thought of the fans in the stadium a tad more.

Overall, though, excellent weekend.....particularly my 4 hour boozy lunch in Mill Lane.....Here's to 2 0 0 6