British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Danish Grand Prix - Copenhagen

SS i am sure Brian would not be impressed and to hear you saying that he cares more about Trick engines than anyone elses.

He is a business man and I am sure would not like for other riders to go else where with their engines just beacuse of One rider.

Your opions are very one side and never take into consideration any other riders expected Poole Riders. 1 man does not make a sport.

As stated in the local paper Penske are working in association with Trick to develop a speedway frame that will be marketed as rickardsson racing frames when tony does decide to retire, i am sure that Tony is investing in this development and in know personally that these frames are manufactured outside of normal working hours.

As for engines tuners they do pay a major part but at the end of the day its how to transfer the horse power on to the track that counts, This is where Trick has a superb talent in set up, you can have the most powerful motor out there but if all you do is spin what's the point

The guy is the worlds best ever speedway rider. Better than any rider that has ridden a bike before, and IMO that includes Mauger, Neilsen, Gundersen, Briggs, Olsen, Michenek, Fundin et al. In 20 years time youo can look back and say I remember Rickardsson, and these upstarts are not a patch on him etc etc etc.( and by then you will probably look back at his dominance and realise just what a star the guy is)

Yes, he's good, but, I feel, not as dominant day in, day out as Fundin and Mauger were. For example, Fundin finished on the rostrum in the World Final 10 years running. Mauger's record is something pretty similar. And they didn't have the luxury of sitting out British league racing to concentrate on the world championship.

SS i am sure Brian would not be impressed and to hear you saying that he cares more about Trick engines than anyone elses.

He is a business man and I am sure would not like for other riders to go else where with their engines just beacuse of One rider.

Your opions are very one side and never take into consideration any other riders expected Poole Riders. 1 man does not make a sport.

So your saying andersen is going to bust a gut to make super fast engines for peanuts :neutral:

Like you say he is a businessman and tuning is his job. The more he gets paid the more he works. in TR case alot of money B)

Edited by Jason.C

I am sure that Brian would not be impressed with you saying he perfers dealing with one rider rather than another.

You talk about Money Brian would give a professional service to all his clients. I am sure he would rather see a Danish World Champ than a swedish world champ.

Money is not everything.

Are you saying that if TRick gave the most money the other clients do not matter? Also are you saying Brian would not care if his other clients find another engine tuner. What business sense is that?

I am sure that Brian would not be impressed with you saying he perfers dealing with one rider rather than another.

You talk about Money Brian would give a professional service to all his clients. I am sure he would rather see a Danish World Champ than a swedish world champ.

Money is not everything.

Are you saying that if TRick gave the most money the other clients do not matter?  Also are you saying Brian would not care if his other clients find another engine tuner. What business sense is that?

I appreciate what your saying Bernie, but as you say Brian is a businessman, so therefore he's going to work harder/longer for those who are prepared to pay a premium.

If you take your car to the car wash and pay 2 quid you get a basic wash, if you pay a fiver you get the super car wash, do you see where we're going?

I don't care what anyone says - there is something definitely afoot with Tony's engines.

That is not to say that I think they are illegal as i'd like to think that 5 podiums finishes would mean that a discrepancy would be found by now.

The true fact is though that he is suddenly head and shoulders above everyone else - in fact that is understating things - he is a street ahead and we should be asking ourselves how this has come to pass (and i'm sure all the riders are) - small track, big track, permanent, temporary it doesn't matter his engines are tuned to a kind of perfection that we haven't seen before and he is literally holding on to the bike for dear life at times. This kind of exactness imo hints at computer alignment............and I wonder who has the technology for that? :rolleyes:

2 points for me with this GP are:

why did Nicki feel confident with gate 2 in the semi final when it was the worst gate all night - had only only produced 5 points in the previous 8 heats - 1 point in the previous 4 heats and only 2 heat wins all night?

and did anyone else notice Tony getting rid of his 'snus' just before his post final interview? ;)

Edited by Splatty

Splatty,

You can computer align engines all you like, but if its not suited to the track its going to be raced upon its as good as useless.

The fact is the guy is streets ahead because he is on the ball, there is nothing more sinister to that I'm afraid. In the long run its got to be good for the sport as the chasing pack will have to raise the bar if they are to keep up.

Worth remembering that if you tag on the tail-end of last season, TR has won an astonishing 6 of the last 8 GPs. And it could, maybe should, have been 7 out of 8. The 1 that got away fair and square? Gollob's annual Bydgoszcz triumph.

Splatty,

You can computer align engines all you like, but if its not suited to the track its going to be raced upon its as good as useless.

The fact is the guy is streets ahead because he is on the ball, there is nothing more sinister to that I'm afraid. In the long run its got to be good for the sport as the chasing pack will have to raise the bar if they are to keep up.

i'm not sure you are following - you would need a set of variables to be able to align like this and surely they would involve the circuits themselves????????

imagine the scenario where he has engines computer aligned for circuits and conditions in mind (i.e. grip and slick engines aligned for cardiff/copenhagen bydgoszsc/prague etc etc) - I know nothing about tuning but formula 1 and Indy Cart ( ;) ) have no problem incorporating the technology

p.s. i never said any of it was sinister just that I think that a different approach is being effectively used

Splatty I agree with your post.

Trick has adopted something new, could be new technology or something. I am not saying he is cheating either but he has made strides in the sport that the other riders do not seem to have found.

I am sure all the other riders are scratching their heads and are wondering what is going on but once they know what Trick has changed they will all do it.

Will this benefit the sport?

TR has had the best equipment for the past few years. What has changed this season is his attitude and will to win.

Trick has adopted something new, could be new technology or something. I am not saying he is cheating either but he has made strides in the sport that the other riders do not seem to have found.

Will this benefit the sport?

Yes its called a carbon fibre frame (also known as Rickardsson Frames) made by penske which has been mentioned several times already!!!!

Formerly used by Lindback also. B)

Edited by Jason.C

In F1 Schumacker had by far the best car and now they have changed it and he is on a more level playing field he is no better than his rivals.

If Rickarddson was riding a GP with somebody elses engines would he be winning as many , somehow I think not .

He is a good rider but with his equiptment it puts him ahead of the pack