British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to Prague already. Think I may be printing off this page.

Joanne, you can hit the clubs with Halo and the girls then!

Actually if we can drag Crazy Sue, Queen Bee and the Fairies along aswell as Tina, Madamemuck and Tiddiewoo I don't think Prague will know what hit them! :lol:

Oh but we need to feed lots of chocolate to Halo. so she is all fat and spotty for the trip! :wink:

Actually if we can drag Crazy Sue, Queen Bee and the Fairies along aswell as Tina, Madamemuck and Tiddiewoo I don't think Prague will know what hit them!  :lol:

Oh but we need to feed lots of chocolate to Halo. so she is all fat and spotty for the trip!  :wink:

Hope know you will have a great time.

Enjoy yourselves xxx

Although Jo does enjoy a beer or two :rolleyes: I think she's more of a romantic river cruise type than a night clubber. :wink:

Although Jo does enjoy a beer or two :rolleyes: I think she's more of a romantic river cruise type than a night clubber. :wink:

I dunno... i've seen her with a couple of drinks in her!! how could she turn down a night out with us lot... and i owe her a lemonade!!!

Kev!

There is no way I am going for a romantic river cruise with Jo!

1. I am a happily married woman.

2. I get seasick walking along Poole Quay!

:lol:

Kev!

There is no way I am going for a romantic river cruise with Jo!

1. I am a happily married woman.

2. I get seasick walking along Poole Quay!

Quite simply Tabs, there is no answer to that. :lol:

Thanks for the offer, Tabby. Looks like I am being pulled in all directions. As for romantic Kev, Prague has got to be the place for that. Maybe there is a nightclub on a cruiseboat somewhere in Prague.

Nightclubbing usually means DANCING doesn't it? :shock::oops:

Not forgotten the lemonade, Nikkif :D

No you don't have to sign your ticket, just stick it in the little yellow machine on the bus and it puts a time stamp on it, you only have to do this once.

Thanks Rob.

I have read on a couple of websites that as well as validating your ticket you should also out your name and the date of birth on it. Might be a new thing?

http://www.travel.cz/guide/17/index_en.html

Also do not cross a road when the (pelican crossing) traffic light is RED. Even if there is no traffic about!

Maximum fine is 1000 crowns, but often 200 crowns.

Actually if we can drag Crazy Sue, Queen Bee and the Fairies along aswell as Tina, Madamemuck and Tiddiewoo I don't think Prague will know what hit them!  :lol:

Oh but we need to feed lots of chocolate to Halo. so she is all fat and spotty for the trip!  :wink:

You're on. There is also a great Blues Club somewhere in town but at this moment in time I cant find the card we picked up last time.

Also do not cross a road when the (pelican crossing) traffic light is RED. Even if there is no traffic about!

Maximum fine is 1000 crowns, but often 200 crowns.

Thanks for that Phil.

Having just coped with the Copenhagen traffic that is a good tip. I have never known traffic and speeds like it!! I did like their pedestrian lights though - they showed how long in seconds till the green lights come on and as you walked it counted down till the red lights.

Dont ask the games we played waiting for the green lights though - imagination helps though. Why was I always last from the tapes!! :(

Quick question - who is staying where?

Bees and Crazy Sue staying in the Andel. :D

Quick question  - who is staying where?

Bees and Crazy Sue staying in the Andel.  :D

Reading comments on the net, Andel sounds Vgood

Staying just around the corner in the Ibis.

Reading comments on the net, Andel sounds Vgood

Staying just around the corner in the Ibis.

We have one of the suites!!!

Thought we would splash out a bit for this one. Still cheaper than Copenhagen though.

Booked in the name of FELTHAM for anyone that wants to pop in and join the fun. :o

Kitten wont be at this one :cry: so we will need cheering up.

Have noticed in several countries that they wait for the green light before crossing a road, even if there's no traffic in sight. Can't imagine why so many pedestrians get knocked down here by comparision, can you?

I didn't have to sign my travel ticket, but that was 3 years ago. You must have it with you, and have it validated when you travel. Plain clothes security staff may ask for it at random. If a guy flashes metal disk type badge at you, then it's probably to check your ticket.

I was told to carry a copy of my passport, in case the Police wanted to know who you were. Never needed to show it, but it's a usefull tip. (just in case)

Hang out down the Old Town Square for a good atmos amongst loads of nationalities. Good tip if you're on a budget. Rather than pay the bars priced for booze, you can but it from the huts/stalls and sit around in the Old Town Square. It's half the price, or maybe less, to sit in the same place. It's a no-brainer if you want to save money.

Also check out the torture museum just off the Old Town Square. Maybe I've mental issues that need urgent attention, but I found it interesting.

;)

Also understand there is a 'Barbie' museum at the edge of the Castle which Lora plans on checking out! Maybe very similar to the Torture Museum to the rest of us!!!!

Travel from Airport.

Whilst I have read Phil's opening post I am still keen to jump in a mini bus and get driven direct to my hotel.

Using easyjets connections I have come up with a £6 each way deal so far for 5 of us. If I type in 8 it comes down to £5.

Is there anyone traveling from Gatwick at 9am on the Friday. If so do you want to share transport into the City. Hopefully we can persude the driver to do multi-drops.

Let me know ASAP and I will get this booked.

Edit; oops - 9am is check in. 11am is flight time (silly me!!)

Edited by fairy4ever