British Speedway Forum

I know you get elbows at the starts all the time but where do you draw the line?

Surely the stoppage was caused by his actions .

If people can get away with forearm smashes when they dont make the start, whats to stop anyone doing it.

If people can get away with  forearm smashes when they dont make the start, whats to stop anyone doing it.

simple answer is....... nothing!

maybe the ref didnt see it or something, i dont know.

but anyone can do it, at the end of the day its their race they are risking and if they get thrown out of it then theres no one else to blame.

Didnt he do that when the re-start happened as Holta fell off i think, as i think tonys actions caused it. We should all get used to the fact, Tony Rickardson does nothing wrong! He does whatever he likes.

Have to laugh, we'd probably have been up to page 103 had it been Nicki Pedersen and not Trick.

Might be showing my age a bit now, but when I started going to speedway in the early 80's if a rider veered (sp?) to the left or right and halted another riders progress within 30mts of the start he was excluded (or should have been). As much as I like TRick that was bang out of order in heat 24 and he should have been thrown out of the race

maybe the ref didnt see it or something, i dont know.

Well he had the benefit of plenty of video footage to make a decision and he still got it wrong. he was scared to throw out Rickardsson on his home turf. Wuss :mad:

after watching the footage i personally dont see what the big deal. at the end of the day, yes rickardsson did elbow hampel. thats racing. it happens. before anyone says it, im not taking TR side because im a poole fan. just the way i see it.

ML- id say that ref has balls of steel if he dared to exclude the "wanna be" Pole Rune Holta when it should have been all 4 back...the Poles are not going to let that down!

Well he had the benefit of plenty of video footage to make a decision and he still got it wrong. he was scared to throw out Rickardsson on his home turf. Wuss  :mad:

thats what we all know happened :P

i was trying to be positive :P

However from what I remember the only footage we saw was from the side. Therefore how do we know that Hampel did not move into Tony making him stick out his elbows to protect his line?

Still think Hampel attempted to lean on Tr as he tried to get the drop going into the first turn. Experienced as he is, TR reacted immediately and elbowed Hampel.

All four back the correct decision.

Dunno which channel you were watching it on but we got the benefit of side, front and rear footage  :blink:

I was watching Sky but I don't really remember the replays (too much shandy :wink: ).

But if you say there were other angles I stand corrected.

Naughty Trick!

after watching the footage i personally dont see what the big deal. at the end of the day, yes rickardsson did elbow hampel. thats racing. it happens. before anyone says it, im not taking TR side because im a poole fan. just the way i see it.

Rubbish - its not racing at all. If Trick had put the hammer down and passed him that would have been racing - instead he tried to elbow him out of the way. Mind you as a Poole fan you probably wouldnt recognise a racing incident if you saw one as you dont get much racing down your way :P

Having just watched it I reckon Rickardsson was lucky to stay in, no question the ref bottled it :(