British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shale Eater

Nominations

1) Bjarne Pedersen finished 14th in 2003 and 10th in 2004 so as

a 'serial failure' would have not had the opportunity to finish in

the top 8 this year.

BP also won a GP in 2004, which would justify an exemption from my rule.

2) Andreas Jonsson (14th in 2002 and 10th in 2003) would have

long since been confined to the GP dustbin of history.

Was the qualification for 2004 not the top 10 from 2003? Also, of course, the assembled field was much larger for 2004. It's down to just 16 riders now. You can afford to be more lenient when the field is larger.

3) Nicki Pedersen who was 11th in 2001 and 12th in 2002 would

not have been in the competition in 2003 when he went on to become

World Champion.

You see, proof of the merits of my system. Under it Nicki P wouldn't have been world champ in 2003.

However, you fail to comprehend that my "system" is simply because there is no qualification process open to riders outside the circus. Thus, you have to determine a way of rooting out the weeds in the field.

Edited by Subedei

However, you fail to comprehend that my "system" is simply because there is no qualification process open to riders outside the circus. Thus, you have to determine a way of rooting out the weeds in the field.

Sub

Oh but I do comprehend your 'system' otherwise I would not have been able

to expose some of the flaws in it. As a keen gardener I applaud the rooting

out of weeds but not at the expense of destroying a lawn!

Pleased to see you found a way that would have kept Bjarne in for 2005.

Also great news for Gollob in future years as he slips down the rankings

as he would only need to win heat 23 at Bydgoszcz to secure his GP future.

(umh... come to think of it that is what he did this year!). A little disappointed

that AJ would have fallen by the wayside - doesn't matter what the rules were

as the point was that under your serial failure definition he would have been out.

Anyway enough said - I'll not trouble you further.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

LucyPG

Over and out

Also great news for Gollob in future years as he slips down the rankings

as he would only need to win heat 23 at Bydgoszcz to secure his GP future.

(umh... come to think of it that is what he did this year!).

Has Tomasz Gollob EVER finished outside the automatic qualification places? The minute he does, he gets a chance and if he fails again you can be sure that I'll stand by my process and demand his exclusion.

Has Tomasz Gollob EVER finished outside the automatic qualification places? The minute he does, he gets a chance and if he fails again you can be sure that I'll stand by my process and demand his exclusion.

Gollob did miss the cut in the 90's and was used in every round as one of the wild cards.

If the best riders are drafted in, Peter Karlsson, Mark Loram and Rune Holta would be bought in, although this would be hard on Hans.

Gollob did miss the cut in the 90's and was used in every round as one of the wild cards.

If the best riders are drafted in, Peter Karlsson, Mark Loram and Rune Holta would be bought in, although this would be hard on Hans.

I don't like Andersen that much, but I think his treatment by BSI has been disgraceful.

I don't like Andersen that much, but I think his treatment by BSI has been disgraceful.

i agree with that, to put lee in and leave hans out is disgraceful when hans has always finished ahead in the overal standings. i wonder what his sponsors think of that. will they stay with hans or the bsi ?

i agree with that, to put lee in and leave hans out is disgraceful when hans has always finished ahead in the overal standings. i wonder what his sponsors think of that. will they stay with hans or the bsi ?

I agree as well would be as disgraceful as letting another rider from sweden past you to let them win world cup :mad:

If hans does not get picked maybe he feel there is no justice in this world just like middlo did on world cup final night :mad::mad:

I agree as well would be as disgraceful as letting another rider from sweden past you to let them win world cup 

If hans does not get picked maybe he feel there is no justice in this world just like middlo did on world cup final night 

But you still can't prove it. Can you?

I agree as well would be as disgraceful as letting another rider from sweden past you to let them win world cup  :mad:

If hans does not get picked maybe he feel there is no justice in this world just like middlo did on world cup final night  :mad:  :mad:

whats that you said, sorry dont understand bo----ks. yet again brits blaming others cause they cant win naff all.

whats that you said, sorry dont understand bo----ks. yet again brits blaming others cause they cant win naff all.

Yes.

And the Poles only won this year because it was held in Poland. What's that you say? Britain can't even win when it's held in Britain?

Yes.

And the Poles only won this year because it was held in Poland. What's that you say? Britain can't even win when it's held in Britain?

Britain wouldn't win it if all the other countries were handicapped. The biggest handicap in British Speedway is that not enough money is being invested in the grass roots of the sport, instead it's funding Bentley's and the like.

But you still can't prove it. Can you?

No and oj simpson did not kill anyone and micheal jackson does not mess around with kids if you apply that logic :mad::mad:

Britain wouldn't win it if all the other countries were handicapped. The biggest handicap in British Speedway is that not enough money is being invested in the grass roots of the sport, instead it's funding Bentley's and the like.

your right there. no real money or help is given to make england a top speedway nation again, and you forgot the fake tan cream to go with the car.

Well looks like there have more chance than hans this year what a shame :P

I guess it is not fair when you have no control over your own destiny :approve:

Edited by orion

No and oj simpson did not kill anyone and micheal jackson does not mess around with kids if you apply that logic  :mad:  :mad:

ha ha normal answer you would expect, GB lost the meeting they dont need help to lose they can do it on there own. are well theres always next year wonder what the excuse will be in 06.