British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayTShirts

British Speedway Gp 2006

Question for you all. If Poland and Sweden can have two Grand Prix then why not Britain - perhaps an English one in Wimbledon in mid summer and the Brtish one Cardiff in October. Make the last one double points to ensure it is the decider !!

Surely Wimbledon isn't up to FIM Standard though is it? Problem is that most of the regular speedway stadia in the country simply wouldn't be big enough to hold a GP crowd.

Question for you all. If Poland and Sweden can have two Grand Prix then why not Britain - perhaps an English one in Wimbledon in mid summer and the Brtish one Cardiff in October. Make the last one double points to ensure it is the decider !!

Wimbledon :shock: - you're kidding aren't you?

Now you see Kevin that was what I wanted to say, but I tried to be nice about it!!!!! ;)

I'll like Cardiff to be just one big event. If we had two rounds it would take way the glamour to the Cardiff meeting.

Hope it's 10th June cos I have booked my Cardiff hotel for then. Its my 21st birthday the day before also :wink:

Me too, plus it's my birthday on the 10th so I'll be milking the fact for lots of free drinks at the PoW!  :D  Just watch it move to the end of August now!

my birthday is 9th June, so I am another desperately hoping that will be the Cardiff weekend :)

as for two British rounds, temporary track at the new Wembley anyone?

ok so cardiff might be annoucedmi heard a rumour it was gonna held later in the year as it has a roof,and would matter if it was raining, and wimbledon is bigger enough, but it would have to be the original track,not the silly one they have now,look at italy this year.only 8 thousand will be there.what ever happens will a good season next year,some diffrent riders for tricky to show up again.MAYBE

Edited by beercellar

6th of June would make it mid-week - can't see them doing this somehow......too many people simply wouldn't be able to make it.

Ye I know, 10th of June is a Saturday so I would presume this will be the date.

heard a rumour it was gonna held later in the year as it has a roof...

Always on the cards I suppose, but I hope not as the second Saturday in June has so far been lovely weather and nice for all those who like to sit outside the various pubs enjoying the sunshine. :)

Me too, plus it's my birthday on the 10th so I'll be milking the fact for lots of free drinks at the PoW!

you wont be getting any drink from me, i'm Scottish :blink::P

the second Saturday in June has so far been lovely weather and nice for all those who like to sit outside the various pubs enjoying the sunshine.

...and getting sunburnt :cry::rolleyes:

Now you see Kevin that was what I wanted to say, but I tried to be nice about it!!!!! 

Tell it how it is, is my motto Robyn, and if the CL Fours is anything to go by it would probably take 3 days to finish it there. :wink:

Always on the cards I suppose, but I hope not as the second Saturday in June has so far been lovely weather and nice for all those who like to sit outside the various pubs enjoying the sunshine.  :)

ah yes,now,there is that,we usualy sit/crash in the park with all the kids,most off the day,hiting the odd bar,and trying to talk,with the poles.

Going to Denmark, Prague, Cardiff, Sweden and a group of Poole fans that my Mum and Dad met in Prague want us to go to Poland with them. :)

Best be careful Squirelnutkins. There might be some Poles in Poland !

Rico :rolleyes: