British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bulldog 77 / 78

Bristol Bulldogs 1977 / 1978

both phil crump and phil herne were at somerset last year.what about tormod langli what happened to him+bob coles never the same after he came over the fence at bristol. for old photos try ebay i have seen a few old team photos on there

Edited by somerset bloke

Bob Coles was actually on telly last week - riding a speedway bike at the new Almeria track in southern Spain where he now lives, Tormod is involved with Renault Alpine car driving, he also has his own Renault dealership in Posgrunn in Norway

Bob Coles was actually on telly last week - riding a speedway bike at the new Almeria track in southern Spain where he now lives, Tormod is involved with Renault Alpine car driving, he also has his own Renault dealership in Posgrunn in Norway

im glad to about tormod i heard he had broken his back in a accident thanks anyway

You can see Bob Coles on http://motospeedway-espana.com - Tormod broke his arm badly in a hang gliding accident effectively ending his speedway career (even though his career in England ended when he asked for a transfer from Halifax Dukes and no one wanted him!) - a shame as he was a good rider.

a bit wild at times. used to cringe when he came out with gresham couldnt team ride to save there lives they both had to win

I thought they were brilliant team riders - if they got in front NO ONE got past - if anyone did they - got hit off ! Langli always looked too big for his bike and Gresh was an `animal` Someone once called them the `testosterone twins`

Hi all,new to this forum,after a few years in the wilderness,have returned to the speedway fraternity.Really have the bug again.Started watching bulldogs in 77,then continued with Swindon up 'til 99.Now at the rebels.

When i saw this thread my heart jumped for joy! Purchased the aforementioned DVD,awesome!!! Brought memories flooding back.What's even better,is me & the old man are on it! Bob Coles' infamous crash,my old man's the guy in the white bobble hat 'ducking for cover'& i'm stood next to him,all of 12 years old.Great days!!! Stevie Gresham was my childhood hero.Even used to get in the pits at Eastville,old mans mate was pit marshall! Got all the old riders autographs,Mauger,Collins,Olsen etc.Schoolboys heaven!!! Cheers Bulldog 77 78,you've made me & my dad very happy. :)

Re;Bulldogs in Bristol.

Always thought land between Yate & Bath would be suitable,just off m4 jnctn 18.No houses,easily accessed & loads of land not being used.Just golf clubs being built.Just a thought for those in the Know!!! Ciao 4 now. :D

Hello Gresham, glad the website and its contents are making you happy! Its good to hear from old Bulldogs fans. Got loads of pictures here of your hero `Gresh` also emails from him from last year. - The land you mentioned is South Glos council - you got no chance.....

Edited by bulldog 77 / 78

Back on the subject of former riders, I`ve just heard Phil Bass the former Eastville rider sadly passed away Friday 10th Marh 2006 in Australia.