British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Hans Andersen Statement

Hans Andersen has issued the following statement regarding his exclusion from the 2006 GP series:

"I am obviously very shocked and disappointed that I have not been awarded an entry to the 2006 Grand Prix series. I am even more disappointed that for such a professionally run series as the Grand Prix, I should have to learn my fate for 2006 through an unofficial Speedway

web site. I have not been contacted by the organisers of the series and subsequently have no idea why I have not been included for 2006. My form in the British Elite League speaks for itself, I am seventh in the averages, and led the averages table for the early part of the season. In other domestic leagues I have either finished at the top of the averages, or very near, for my clubs. I was the leading rider for Denmark for the whole of the Speedway World Cup; I stepped up to the plate for my country when others went missing.

I first qualified for the GP’s in 2003 (not a wildcard entry), but missed over a third of the series through injury, finishing 17th and was for the first time awarded a wild card entry to the 2004 series. During this series I won my first GP in my very first final appearance (this has only happened once before in the history of the GP), I am still the last Danish rider to have won a GP round. I also had a rostrum finish in the same year and finished 9th overall (a single point off the automatic qualifying 8th place). I also competed in the GP Challenge during 2004 and only failed to gain automatic qualification for the following year through an engine failure in the final, after winning the main event. I was, of course awarded a wild card entry for the 2005 series.

My performances in the 2005 Grand Prix series have not quite been up to the high standards that I set myself, however, I still think my overall performance was good, finishing only eight points behind the first already nominated wild card for 2006 and nine points ahead of the last nominated wild card for 2006. I should also point out that I made five semi final appearances – more than anyone else who finished outside of the top eight automatic qualification places.

I think my non selection for 2006 is harsh to say the least, as I feel that I fulfil all the criteria required to compete against the very best riders in the GP series, by competing and performing consistently well in the top leagues, worldwide.

I believe my performances overall this season should have merited my inclusion in the 2006 GP series. If I am deemed not good enough for the series after how I have performed overall this season, then I may have to seriously consider racing under a different nationality in the future, as it appears that performance and ability alone is not good enough for a wildcard qualification, when decisions on nomination are seemingly made for commercial and nationality reasons.

I would like to wish all the riders in the 2006 series the very best of luck."

Taken from:

http://www.ipswich-witches.com

So, in short, what Hans is saying is:

In 2003, I failed to qualify for the 2004 series, but got seeded back in.

In 2004, I failed to qualify for the 2005 series, but again got seeded back in.

In 2005, I failed to qualify for the 2006 series, but this time they didn't let me back in. I wonder why.

Er... surely he's had enough chances now.

All the best

Rob

In 2005, I failed to qualify for the 2006 series, but this time they didn't let me back in.  I wonder why. 

All the best

Rob

I think you read it to quick, it says he qualified for the 2004 series. Interesting that he says he might switch naionalities, presumeably to race under an English licence. I think he has been hard done by, I mean Iversen and Zagar, give me a break.

I agree. But he's not the only one, is he? Under ANY justifiable criteria that excludes Andersen, Lee Richardson and Scott Nicholls are also excluded.

I think you read it to quick, it says he qualified for the 2004 series.

No. He qualified for the 2003 series. He says he first received a wild card for the 2004 series. A series in which he won a GP (unlike Nicholls and Richardson).

Interesting that he says he might switch naionalities, presumeably to race under an English licence.

The licence isn't enough. Lukas and Ales Dryml ride on German licences, but race for the Czech Republic. Andersen will have to go the "Holta" route and take citizenship.

Edited by Subedei

In 2005, I failed to qualify for the 2006 series, but this time they didn't let me back in.  I wonder why. 

All the best

Rob

Surely even a biased Oxford fan like yourself Rob, must admit that Andersen should have got in ahead of Iversen.

Even as a Reading fan I'm honest enough to admit that Andersen should have got in ahead of Zagar.

I'm no fan of Hans Andersen, but he has definately got a rough deal from this.

Forgive me, but after costing GB the SWC at Poole I'll be saving my tears.

You can't prove it. And what about Nicholls and the mysterious "red light" that only he saw? That's what cost you the SWC, not Andersen. Andersen's just a scapegoat to mask a deficient team.

I was fully expecting a statement of this sort from at least one rider, and probably more - though not necessarily Andersen. Whenever decisions are taken by a secret selection process, howls of anguish at the injustices caused are inevitable, and won't go away until the process is explained in full. Why does it need to be so secretive at all? :angry:

Time to return to a fair and square on the track qualification process that no-one can argue with. :approve:

well since it appears young mr. anderson is washed up at such an early age, i would like to take this opportunity to invite him to become an official member of my crew otherwise known as sandmans scabs..he would be most welcome on my boat anytime, the kid has the attitude and the style to contribute to our gulf coast endeavours.. welcome aboard son... B) ps but ya gotta speak english whilst yer aboard son, otherwise yer intentions might be mistaken for something totally different..my crew get weird otherwise..c'mon, whaddya say?

Perhaps there was some concern over his use of the throttle in certain situations.....

Coming from an Eastbourne fan, I think that's a bit rich.

Well done hans, likelyhood of a wildcard appearance this season.... nil

likelyhood of SGP 2007..... nil

Cos this PR wont please the boys at the top!

Edited by tomhaines

Well done hans, likelyhood of a wildcard appearance this season.... nil

likelyhood of SGP 2007..... nil

Cos this PR wont please the boys at the top!

Exactly what I thought too.

I really do feel sorry for Hans, he has been kicked where it hurts (every bloke knows) but I think he has just stood with his leg apart allowing BSI to aim for 2006 with this statement. I just hope he has not. Whatever I think of him, I do think he is a GP rider, he deserves to be in the GPs.

I was fully expecting a statement of this sort from at least one rider, and probably more - though not necessarily Andersen. Whenever decisions are taken by a secret selection process, howls of anguish at the injustices caused are inevitable, and won't go away until the process is explained in full. Why does it need to be so secretive at all? :angry:

Time to return to a fair and square on the track qualification process that no-one can argue with. :approve:

did he not have the chance to qualify on track!!!

finish in the top 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

almost pot luck 4 the final 8 places

cant see lee and scott being seeded if they fail to get in the top 8 next year

i doubt it

Edited by sirmatty