British Speedway Forum
Subedei

Hans Andersen Statement

i think that the gp,s will not be the same without the andersens of this world

after wc 2004 am not a fan of his however he is certainly one of the best 16 riders in the world

yet another example of speedway putting a bullet in its own bottom of the leg thingy!!!!

:lol:

Idiot? I hope your not referring to me. :mad:  If you try re-reading my post before gobbing off in such a childish manner you may realise I am talking about his comments, not his actions. Hans mouth has got him in to bother on more than one occasion. How many times has he sworn when being interviewed during an EL match?

I WISH!!!!!

I was expecting better of you - your basically saying that it happens so nothing to worry about it.

It happens that BSI have control over the GP circus and they pick the riders who get through  :D

Well, let's see if I can manage something better this time.

The FIM control the GP series and not BSI. BSI are the commercial rights holders and nothing more. However, the riders allocated permanent wild card entries to the circus for 2006 (specifically the failing Nicholls and Richardson) illustrates that BSI have trampled over the boundaries of what should be their territory. And the FIM has allowed it to happen.

I don't happen to think Hans Andersen deserves to be in the series for 2006. But if he's excluded then Nicholls and Richardson should also be excluded.

How many times has he sworn when being interviewed during an EL match?

Probably about the same number of times Nicholls has. And Nicholls doesn't even have the excuse of being foreign.

Edited by Subedei

Thing is though Sube, aren't you now saying that BSI and the FIM are as corrupt as one another? If the FIM allowed BSi too much involvement and thus the selection process suffered as a result, then the FIM are as much to blame, if not more so, than BSI, in my book.

And I would have to say that you are seriously missing out if you "boycott" Cardiff on principle - regardless of who organises and markets it, it is a fantastic day out and one which shouldn't be missed by any speedway fan who is able to get there.

You are correct, the FIM is BSI's streetwalker. But it's not as if I've suddenly changed my tune. I wrote the following in a thread in the International section:

But with the FIM, under the malign influence of BSI, making a mockery of the GP series, if the EUM can get a head of steam up with this competition it could be the start of a power-shift in speedway. A decent sponsorship package that'd bring in the top stars in the world would get the FIM and their pimps BSI worried. The FIM and BSI are making a joke of the GPs and opening the door to a competition with values and integrity.
Edited by Subedei

And I would have to say that you are seriously missing out if you "boycott" Cardiff on principle - regardless of who organises and markets it, it is a fantastic day out and one which shouldn't be missed by any speedway fan who is able to get there.

Principles sometimes require sacrifice.

Idiot? I hope your not referring to me. :mad:  If you try re-reading my post before gobbing off in such a childish manner you may realise I am talking about his comments, not his actions. Hans mouth has got him in to bother on more than one occasion. How many times has he sworn when being interviewed during an EL match?

you were talking about his comments and not his actions? he stayed down to get a re-run just like many others do but he has the balls to admit it on tv whats wrong with that? and yes i was refering to you, who else did you think i was talking about while replying to YOUR post, santa claus? Edited by button moon

90000 at Wembley, granted, but that was back in the days when speedway was second only to football in terms of spectator numbers. In case you hadn't noticed its become a bit of a minority sport since then, and had it not been for BSI we would probably still have the British GP at second rate stadia like we have to put up with for our Elite league racing, rather than the Millenium stadium.  Like it or not BSI are slowly turning this sport round, the sooner they start getting into league racing the better as far as I am concerned.

Guess you will be finding a new sport soon then.

90,000 plus crowds only happened 3 times at Wembley (1949,50 & 51) Despite the myth that has developed over the years they were the only 3 years of a sell out Wembley.

Even the Penhall final of 81 was watched by only 72,000 although a lot of quarters quote 90,000 plus for that one.

Some of the late fifties finals were held in front of only 50,000 crowds so in that context 40,000 at Cardiff isnt too bad.

90,000 plus crowds only happened 3 times at Wembley (1949,50 & 51) Despite the myth that has developed over the years they were the only 3 years of a sell out Wembley.

Even the Penhall final of 81 was watched by only 72,000 although a lot of quarters quote 90,000 plus for that one.

Some of the late fifties finals were held in front of only 50,000 crowds so in that context 40,000 at Cardiff isnt too bad.

TBH the British GP is a well attended sporting event. In modern times with the exception of Football, Rugby, the National and other big Horse racing events and maybe the F1 GP the Speedway GP in cardiff is one of the best attended events national events, particularly given that it is considered a minority sport.

Most stadiums nowadays are vastly reduced in capacity terms, there is no stadium in this country that can even house 90,000

The largest stadium in capacity terms the UK is currently the Millenium (72,500?), altho Old Trafford runs it close.

I enjoy my annual trip to the GP and feel speedway, despite all it's shall we shall oddities, is in better shape than it was when i first started watching in 1987.

The largest stadium in capacity terms the UK is currently the Millenium (72,500?), altho Old Trafford runs it close.

Twickenham currently holds around 75,000 and will increase to 82,000 when the South Stand is re-developed.

Opps many thanks my mongol chum!

Forgot about twickers :rolleyes:

Bahhh bit of a faux pas bering the no of times i have been there, still whats 2,500 between chums eh?

A friend of someone i know think bsi have lost two sponsors already by dropping him.

Who's that the know :P:P

If Hans Andersen was to take out British citizenship in early September this year, theres a good chance that he would be in the GP series, now replacing Richardson as the 2nd Wild Card Brit.

Secondly a major probelm now there is only 16 riders within the GP means that the top 8 effectively becomes the top 10 to qualify for next year's circus. As the wild cards who just missed out are bound to get a spot.

The only way to retain the Gp series in its current format is to do 1-6th qualified automatically, 7th-12th into a GP challenge, 13th to 15th Out of the competition.

The qualify series would run with 4 quarters, 2 semis, a final with the top 3 riders (get places), grand final challenge with top 4 go in through, that allows 13 riders available, then the next places will be made up of wild cards which can be issued through injury or good international form across all 3 leagues.

This way covers all option. The qualifying system can only work however if the cream of the crop take part. Probably best 6 riders from Britain, Poland and Sweden. Top 4 from Denmark, Czech Republic, Australia. Thats 30 riders. Top 3 from United States, Slovenia, Italy, Germany, Russia. Thats 42. 22 more riders needed these can be from minority counties.

Others idea for the qualifying system is that to be 12-rider invidiual meetings till the grand final. It means a more stronger, more competitive meeting despite the lesser of a meeting.

Any feedback?