Gp Wildcards

Guest Lovey

So the final GP Wildcard riders are:

Iversen

Zagar

Protasiewicz

Hans Andersen is mightily annoyed (stolen from the BSPA website):

ANDERSEN BLASTS WILDCARD DECISION

HANS Andersen has blasted the decision not to include him in next year’s Grand Prix series.

The Ipswich rider said: ”I was the leading rider for Denmark for the whole of the World Cup when others went missing.

“I fulfil all the criteria required to compete against the very best riders in the GP series by competing and performing consistently well in the top leagues, worldwide.

Think you will find that is a snippet of the official statement released by hans yesterday. A thread was started by Subedei with the whole statement in the SGP section already Dave!

When you deliberately lift off to influence the result of the World Cup final and then deny you did any such thing when everybody saw it with their own eyes....well.....as I said. What goes around comes around.

Totally arbitrary decision, whether you view it in terms of GP performances, league form or any other way. Unjustifiable other than through sheer prejudice rather than merit (ie. Zagar's selection was pre-determined - they only had to choose who they liked least of the remainder!) :angry:

Edited by AndyM

When you deliberately lift off to influence the result of the World Cup final and then deny you did any such thing when everybody saw it with their own eyes....well.....as I said. What goes around comes around.

Did we?

Well I was there and I didn't see it....on the walk back to the hotel the main topic of convo was not what a rider had done but how GB had thrown it away. It was with complete shock and disbelief that I read the forum when I got back to the hotel. The story was the same with the rest of us staying at the same hotel, we had seen nothing wrong....and anyway, Scott gated last and I said before they even reached the first corner that we had lost.

Still going on about that :sad:

Have you considered therapy to help you move on :approve:

I'm with Wookieboy. I understand sweeping it under the carpet about as well as I understand tranvestism.

We will never know if Nicholls could have won, but I reckon that BSI fancy keeping their GP series free from any possibility of questionable results.

HA will always be 'that rider' to a lot of speedway fans. I think in retrospect he may regret it, but only becuase it'll cast a shadow over his entire career.

Would hate to be a defendant if you two ever get called up for jury service. Would you like to prove it beyond reasonable doubt? :rolleyes:

I'm with Crazysue on this one - was sat on the apex of the 3rd/4th turn and had no idea of any of the contoversy until I got home and still don't think it's as cut and dried as some people seem to make out.

Well, if lifting off of the throttle and looking across for PK to go past and then getting back on the gas again is not clear cut, I don't know what is!!!

Ever consider that he may have looked across as he felt he was going into the corner too fast and shut off to stop himself from taking the rider off if he didn't. It's all down to interpretation, and an action made in a split second and the only person who knows what happened is Hans himself. It's old ground but consider the fact that the rivalry between the Danes and Swedes and indeed other Scandinavians, is as fierce as that between the English and Aussies, or between the Aussies and New Zealanders, and it makes the thought of collusion between the two nations quite funny. Anyway, no point in rehashing the old arguments, we all have different opinions. :approve:

Firstly, when he did what he did, he had only just come out of turn two and on to the back straight, so would not have been near enough to turn three for him to feel that 'he may have been going in to the corner too fast'. Secondly, although the Danes and Swedes have a rivalry, they would rather a fellow Scandinavian country win than anybody else. In Euro 2004, the Danes and Swedes played out a rather convenient 3-3 draw that was the only result that would put out the Italians!! The football world was rife with accusations of one nation helping the other one. So it is not the first time these two friendly nations have helped each other!