British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

Bydgoszcz Or Wroclaw?

A friend who is not a speedway fan, but always goes to Cardiff and enjoys it, wants to branch out a bit more next year and take his Polish girlfriend to one of the G.P's in Poland. I have told him that Bydgoszcz is probably the best to go to, but am I right? Also any advice on the best airline to use and place to stay for a few days would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Edited by Gemini

Wroclaw is a more cultured place to visit as general Im sure it's a good meeting but Bydgoszcz is working-class city which does cater for the tourist but sparely. However as a show, I think Bydgoszcz is better thats my opinion. I know the general assumption for people who went the World Cup and Bydgoszcz Gp was that the World Cup in Wroclaw had a superb, friendly atmosphere but Bydgoszcz was out of the world in racing stakes.

Its a tough choice.

Rico would be the best bet for a first-hand opinion. Mateusz, our regular poster from Bydgoszcz.

Haven't Ryan Air just started to fly from Stansted to Bydgoszcz? I'm thinking of making that my "international" GP next season as well, so would also be interested in hearing any recomendations.... a Polish temp recently started at my work and he tells me Gdansk is a better place to stay and just over an hour away...Ryan Air are also flying there now too... :)

Well, no surprisingly I think that Bydgoszcz would be a better choice ;) but I agree that Wroclaw has a better night life and more places to go. However, Bydgoszcz advantages are:

- Better speedway (in Wroclaw it's usually only gate..)

- RyanAir's flight directly to Bydgoszcz from London Stansed

- It's close to Torun and not so far away from Gdansk. These both cities are worth seeing, especially Gdansk. And on Sunday after the GP there might be a league match there.

We like Bydgoszcz but prefer Wroclaw, the reason for this is that Wroclaw has much more to offer in entertainment and sightseeing, maybe Bydgoszcz is better for the racing. :)

Both of these GPs have very strong merits.

If you can secure cheap flights, there's nothing to stop you from doing both, even on a limited budget. I wouldn't want to put you off either, Wroclaw I prefer as a city to Bydgoszcz (przepraszam MK etc), however Bydgoszcz is special in other ways.

Both now have direct Ryanair flights from Stansted, which make them equally accessible.

Rico :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to put you off either, Wroclaw I prefer as a city to Bydgoszcz (przepraszam MK etc), however Bydgoszcz is special in other ways.

It's ok, Wroclaw is my fav city for speedway trips too. This year's SWC mega trip was outstanding :D

What Rico has said is very true. Both are good although the racing is very good at Bydgoszcz, generally. It is easier to get to Wroclaw but Bydgoszcz will change once the direct flights come into place. The chances of getting a hotel in Wroclaw nearer the time is easier. Bydgoszsz has a track nearer nearer to the hotels but there is a tram that goes to the Wroclaw track which can get rather busy after the meeting but taxis are cheap. The centre of Wroclaw is very pretty where you can relax in safety after the meeting outside. Saying that Bydgoszcz is still pretty with a river and nice areas. If it was down to toilet facilities my choice would be Wroclaw, terrible facilities at Bydgoszcz.

If it was down to toilet facilities my choice would be Wroclaw, terrible facilities at Bydgoszcz.

A tree is a tree wherever it is Jo. :lol:

A tree is a tree wherever it is Jo. :lol:

Not if its a stump and you end up tripping over it :sad:

If it was down to toilet facilities my choice would be Wroclaw, terrible facilities at Bydgoszcz.

That might just sway it towards Wroclaw now. :D