British Speedway Forum
scabby3

World Cup To Be Staged At Reading

The Speedway Star reports that BSI are in negotiation with Coventry about staging them there.

Dont think you'll find it's Coventry - not this late in the day.

Mr Sandhu has too many TV contracts for the dogs and I doubt if he will break these at such a late stage.

Maybe they are talking 2007!? :D

speedway making its self look stupid again got the race off and final and cant make up its mind where to hold it pathetic again :D

Its okay for us Brits - we will travel around on the day but I do feel sorry for our international friends booking flights and hotels.

I know its a small Country but booking a hotel in Poole and flying into Coventry isnt much fun when the meeting ends up in Reading!!! :(

What is the capacity of Smallmead?

Wouldn't have thought it would be big enough for a World Cup Final.

What is the capacity of Smallmead?

Wouldn't have thought it would be big enough for a World Cup Final.

According to two greyhound sites:

Smallmead is 3,500 whereas Blunsdon (last years 1st round venue) only had a capacity for 2,000.

Would love to know how they worked that out.

I am sure between the Mexicans and the fairies alone there were more than 2,000 of us last year!!! :D

According to two greyhound sites:

Smallmead is 3,500 whereas Blunsdon (last years 1st round venue) only had a capacity for 2,000.

Would love to know how they worked that out.

I am sure between the Mexicans and the fairies alone there were more than 2,000 of us last year!!!  :D

I think Blunsdon has a maximum capacity of 5,500 on the fire certificate these days.

I'm certainly not suggesting they should hold the World Cup Final there though but it would be preferable to Reading.

It should be at Coventry. Larger capacity and slap bang in the middle of the country.

I think Blunsdon has a maximum capacity of 5,500 on the fire certificate these days.

I'm certainly not suggesting they should hold the World Cup Final there though but it would be preferable to Reading.

It should be at Coventry. Larger capacity and slap bang in the middle of the country.

if there was a fire at reading would probably make it a better place :P:P

if there was a fire at reading would probably make it a better place  :P  :P

that comment hurt as I was actually in the Bradford City fire but also someone that has been to Reading I know what your getting at

that comment hurt as I was actually in the Bradford City fire but also someone that has been to Reading I know what your getting at

Interesting to note that Speedway/Greyhound stadia seem to be exempt from the new regulations that now apply at football grounds following the events at Bradford and Hillsborough.

Some speedway stadiums I have been too are accidents waiting to happen.

Especially some of the pits areas where wooden structures are surrounded by fuel, oil and sources of ignition.

Edited by Adder

Sorry about that tyke :oops: but as adder said i wonder how many clubs have stands that are fire hazzards

no problem,but you are right about fire hazards.

hope no one on this forum ever has to witness those things very very frightening even now twenty years on, brings a lot back.

Dont think you'll find it's Coventry - not this late in the day.

Mr Sandhu has too many TV contracts for the dogs and I doubt if he will break these at such a late stage.

Maybe they are talking 2007!?  :D

It definately states 2006 F4E, but does state Sandhu and BSI "are miles apart from finding some common ground".

And anyway, don't shoot the messenger. :wink:

It definately states 2006 F4E, but does state Sandhu and BSI "are miles apart from finding some common ground".

And anyway, don't shoot the messenger. :wink:

well, there is still hope. Very interesting!!!

As for shooting you - no thats too quick it would be something very slow and very painful!!!! :D:P:wink:

As for shooting you - no thats too quick it would be something very slow and very painful!!!!  :D  :P  :wink:

Oh no, sounds like you're considering buying me a season ticket to Coventry. :lol: