British Speedway Forum
scabby3

World Cup To Be Staged At Reading

No as until the back straight is sorted and that has to be done by the landlords Stadia UK it cannot be confirmed. I personally would expect it to be confirmed by the 8th March at the P&P day as the many media will be rathered at the stadium.

Thanks JD - Thats what I was getting at. There has to be a date when the final decision is yes or no.

As you say P & P seems like the most suitable date.

I can imagine the press release saying that the announcement of the WC will be on 8th March during P & P - good way of getting in a few more local papers.

Personally I think it's all a bit late but there is nothing we can do about that! :(

It was confirmed by JP at the Reading forum last night that subject to the back straight stand being removed / opened up then there is a good chance the play off and final will be held at Reading this year.

He believes Reading have a safety certificate for 7000-8000 people.

What an absolute Shambles, that the Speedway authorities in this Country decide to run Important Meetings like the World Team Cup, at a Stadium like Reading.

But wait for it, they can only run there if the Stadium owners take down a Stand.

That will Impress the Media, and no mistake, is it any wonder we are not taken Seriously by the National Press thes days.

I wonder if it would have been held at Reading, if it was still owned and run by Pat Bliss, under the Premier League Banner.

I very much doubt it, I would like someone to tell me that I am wrong in the Statement I have just made.

What an absolute Shambles, that the Speedway authorities in this Country decide to run Important Meetings like the World Team Cup, at a Stadium like Reading.

But wait for it, they can only run there if the Stadium owners take down a Stand.

That will Impress the Media, and no mistake, is it any wonder we are not taken Seriously by the National Press thes days.

I wonder if it would have been held at Reading, if it was still owned and run by Pat Bliss, under the Premier League Banner.

I very much doubt it, I would like someone to tell me that I am wrong in the Statement  I have just made.

okay

You are wrong.

I dont agree that you are wrong but as you said you needed someone to tell you this fact I thought i should be the one!!

Think I'll go to bed now - nite nite. :D

I very much doubt it, I would like someone to tell me that I am wrong in the Statement  I have just made.

Think the only reason the World Team Cup is likely to be run at Reading is because Posselwaite runs Reading ........

Cant think of any other reason .

Anyone know of any valid reason for such an important meeting to be run there?

Anyone know of any valid reason for such an important meeting to be run there?

Who cares what the reason is?

It's being run by BSI not the BSPA so is less likely to to be a complete and utter shambles!