8 Hampel

9 Jonsson

10 Gollob

11 Lindback

12 Zagar

13 Richardson

14 Protasiewicz

15 Iversen

I pretty much agree with that, apart from maybe iversen to do better than where you've placed him. Cardiff to be the highlight of the year with maybe a surprise winner like Jonsson or Hampel.

If the rest of the world have caught up with TRicks kit, then it'll be a fight between the obvious three, otherwise it'll be Rickardsson all the way again.

Jawa has produced a frame that imitates the Rickardsson-Penske frame when it comes to rear "suspension". However the front end with adjustable steering geometry that Trick has (and owns the patents to) hasn't been copied. This is from someone who's seen the frame.

Like debated earlier Crump has switched to GM (photo's from Sittingbourne training) but Nicki's switch to Jawa hasn't been confirmed yet.

1. Trick

2. Scotty

3. Crump

4. Nicki

Jawa has produced a frame that imitates the Rickardsson-Penske frame when it comes to rear "suspension". However the front end with adjustable steering geometry that Trick has (and owns the patents to) hasn't been copied. This is from someone who's seen the frame.

Like debated earlier Crump has switched to GM (photo's from Sittingbourne training) but Nicki's switch to Jawa hasn't been confirmed yet.

1. Trick

2. Scotty

3. Crump

4. Nicki

Lindback will be a factory rider for Jawa this year, maybe he'll be the one testing the imitation.

Lindback will be a factory rider for Jawa this year, maybe he'll be the one testing the imitation.

I had a chat about this a few weeks ago. Then they had 10 of them spread between Hans Andersen, Leigh Adams and Robert Eriksson (swedish dealer / rider). There was someone else I cant remember.

Last season I heard Kelvin Tatum commenting about a new Jawa frame on Sky broadcast from the SWC on the Dryml brothers, so the testing has already been done. To some extenct anyway.

No disrespect to the riders concerned, but I hope to goodness it's a much more open series with many more riders in with a shout of victory for a much longer period than in recent years, for the good of the sport. Whoever it might be, I hope we get a complete outsider up on the rostrum.

I agree with Andy M, it's time a few riders stepped up to the plate just as Jonsson, Nicholls and Hampel. We don't see riders having a magical season know more like Loram in 2000. I would also like to see certain riders such as Gollob and Hancock give it one more real go.

All this possibly shows the greatness of the man TRick and poor old Crump who aint far behind him. With the bag of tricks Cardiff is I think we will have a suprise winner, for me last year it was Hampel who impressed but then Rickardsson came along.

Would love to see Gollob win it but obviously that isn't going to happen. I think Hampel can have a good season and finish in the top four.

Hard to look any further than Rickardsson, Crump and N. Pedersen for a top three though.

Still think it's wrong that Hans Andersen is not in there. :rolleyes:

No disrespect to the riders concerned, but I hope to goodness it's a much more open series with many more riders in with a shout of victory for a much longer period than in recent years, for the good of the sport.  Whoever it might be, I hope we get a complete outsider up on the rostrum.

If TR is as good this year as he was last it will be another one sided affair. There has got to be more big points available for the also rans to keep it closer and appear more interesting even if the result is the same. Before it was changed TR was just as good but the format seemed to benefit the others resulting in more individual winners and the overall variety of results was more entertaining.

Before it was changed TR was just as good but the format seemed to benefit the others resulting in more individual winners and the overall variety of results was more entertaining.

I think TR would've dominated last season whatever the formula. He was just a class above everyone and certainly a step up from his form in the first six GPs of 2004. Remember, TR served notice in the final three GPs of 2004 (winning two and finishing third at Bydgoszcz) as to what was coming in 2005.

I can only see one winner. Tony Rickardsson. Crump 2nd but I'm not so sure about Nicki Pedersen getting 3rd. I think Jarek Hampel will get into the top 5 this season and shock a few and like one or two others have said, I think Lee Richardson will be a better rider than Nicholls and this season could be the one where he comes good and I'm going to say he'll make the top 8.

I think TR would've dominated last season whatever the formula. He was just a class above everyone and certainly a step up from his form in the first six GPs of 2004. Remember, TR served notice in the final three GPs of 2004 (winning two and finishing third at Bydgoszcz) as to what was coming in 2005.

I agree, but if it could have been kept closer it would have been much more interesting. Last year it turned out to be a series of one off finals because it was obvious that the best rider was going to win from the outset. When Mark Loram won his title he may not have been the best rider because he never won a GP but because of the points system it went to the last one and the interest was maintained until the very end and because he proved overall the most consistent he deservedly was crowned World Champion if only for one year. Do not misunderstand me, I am happy that the best rider becomes World Champion I just feel that the old system was much more entertaining but if the present system has to be then more big points should be available at least to the losing semi finalists.

Top 6 I think will be:

1. Crump

2. Rickardsson

3. Adams

4. B Pedersen

5. N Pedersen

6. Hampel

I think that although he might not win it, this could be a year for Jarek Hampel. He was unlucky not 2 win at Cardiff last year!

my prediction is:

1. Trick

2. Crump

3. Hampel

4. Pedersen B

5. Nicky P