British Speedway Forum

.....in the Highlander bar, main square Wroclaw on the Friday evening.

Rico  :rolleyes:

Seems so surreal considering it's still goddamn f*$%en snowing/pissing and damn cold here. :angry:

ps. can't wait tho :P

Edited by tommy

Dont try climbing over the sides of the barrels this time

The day I take behavioural lessons from you in Wroclaw will be the day I give up GP jaunts But yes you have a valid point !!
Now I know why we are having an MSN convo about you wanting to go to Wroclaw!!!  :angry:

Angry ?? Can understand Nikki wanting to go back, it's such a brilliant place.
Seems so surreal considering it's still goddamn f*$%en snowing/pissing and damn cold here.  :angry:
Lovely day here Tommy :P , the sun is shining and it is very pleasant indeed. You get worse winters there, but better summers. Can't have it all.
ps. can't wait tho  :P

7 weeks today till we fly out to Krakow, but hey who's counting !!

Rico :rolleyes:

7 weeks today till we fly out to Krakow, but hey who's counting !!

And still no answer as to whether Wanda will be waiting there for you.

It is looking fairly positive if the news story on Speedwayworld.tv is correct, which I have no reason to doubt.

THE Polish Motor Federation have decided that ten teams will be allowed to compete in the Second Division. Three clubs are from abroad.

Speedway Centr Daugavpils, Miskolc Speedway SE and Ukraina Rowne are those three teams. The precedent was set in 2004, when Lvov from Ukraine were invited to compete in Polish Division. Since then clubs, especially from Eastern countries, are very keen to ride in Poland. Not all Polish speedway authorities stand by this idea, due to high travel costs.

Teams from Gdansk and Krakow were also granted a license to ride in the Second Division in 2006. This is a controversial decision, as this second club goes bankrupt almost every season…

Edited by Rico

I can't help but wondering, if you'd been blessed with a daughter, whether one of her given names would've been Wanda.

:D @ Subedei

Just to put your mind at ease, I can confirm that Wanda would not have featured.

Hi there,

I've been looking at buying tickets for the Wroclaw GP, can anyone advise who would qualify for a 'reduced' price ticket - I notice on the web-site that all sectors contained a reduced price ticket - I was wondering if that would include a student?

Also, I notice that there are further 'discounted' tickets. Any ideas? Or was that for any tickets bought before end-2005.

I can't find a decent explanation on the web-site, so would appreciate any pointers.

Cheers.

Don't bother with a ticket, just wait for the crowd to charge the gate in again on the back straight and walk in free like about 1000 did last year. :D

Hi there,

I've been looking at buying tickets for the Wroclaw GP, can anyone advise who would qualify for a 'reduced' price ticket - I notice on the web-site that all sectors contained a reduced price ticket - I was wondering if that would include a student?

Also, I notice that there are further 'discounted' tickets. Any ideas? Or was that for any tickets bought before end-2005.

I can't find a decent explanation on the web-site, so would appreciate any pointers.

Cheers.

Check out this topic -> Wroclaw tickets.

Or just listen to Pugwash' advice and wait for the crowd smashing the gate B)

Does the "reduced" mean reduced or does it mean children/students etc??

(regarding the tickets on e=ticket for Wroclaw GP)

Edited by robolots

"REDUCED - Students U-24 (University ID must be presented) and seniors from 60 years of age are entitled to reduced tickets"

..so DISCOUNT (prices in red colour) must be the -10% which is when booking online

cheers for that Mateusz. My brain cell must of been engaged in other matters when i ordered the first 2 tickets :blink: (good job there is a student and an under 16 coming now)

:)

"REDUCED - Students U-24 (University ID must be presented)

don't you think it has to be an ISIC card (international student identity card) for international students? I know from experience that this works for me. I had to pay a punishment fee in the Polish train because I had neither Polish student id nor ISIC card. It's just an idea... but it might be possible for speedway too. Everything is possible in Poland, even tho you never ever expect it to happen :P:wink:

From my experice they may even not check your ticket :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think that guys in the gates will not have so much time to check out every ID card and you should get in showing anything looking as ID card which is in a foreign language :wink: