British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Back With A Bang --shaun Tacey's Testimonial

Well done to all involved - a cracking day with some great speedway, fun and lots of smiling faces (blimey was this Mildenhall? :o:lol: ).

Teddybear - I think I have a pic of Shaun comforting you after your 'breakdown' - send me your email and I'll get it across.

Folks --can I thank the riders who stood in for the withdrawals , especially those who stepped in at the last moment.

I hate to think what Shaun and my phone bills will be on our mobiles this month as we must have spoken to just about every rider in the UK during the days leading up to the meeting . If there weren't in Poland  or Denmark they were ill, enjoying their birthday or had family events planned or enjoying a free weeknd (and who can blame them!!).

We were hit by some very late withdrawals --and even then when we lined up three replacements could not take into account two of them getting injured on Saturday night and one going down with a bug that had hit his whole family!! We lost Jacek Rempala (injured at Berwick on Saturday), Karl Mason (injured at Rye House on Saturday) and Mark Thompson (stomach bug).

My heartfelt thanks to Danny Giffard as I pulled in a favour --I sent him a text very late on Saturday night and he rang me back and after sorting out Danny Betson to mechanic for him willingly drove up from Sussex to fill in for David Howe who had to pull out with a knee injury.

Nicky Glanz kindly agreed to replace Karl Mason at short notice (thanks to Karl's dad John of Bee Line Oils for sorting this).

Andrew Bargh found a text on his phone from me as he finished the CLRC at Rye House and immediately came to rescue, answering witha  Yes straight away --cheers mate!!

Matt Browne flew back in from America and had me on the phone to him staright away as we lost Chris Neath to a guest booking at Newport as I lined him up with quick arrangements made for Billy Janniro to bring him down with him --nice one Matt and good luck with your riding trip to Sweden mate.

Shaun must have been stressing like mad but I promised him that we would have a full 16 man line -up and we did . It may not have been the one we had planned but I think each and every one of them did their bit. I had a nightmare morning as I zoomed off to pick up the Kings Lynn  Grid / Promotional Girls , getting ahlf way only to find the road closed and having to drive back to Mildenhall and find an alternative route and not getting back till 1 o'clock to sort out the final line-up

for teh meeting!!

That's where I found out that we had further late withdrawals and would like to thank Mark Baseby and Gary Cottham for stepping into breach at the 11th hour with Andre Cross and Dean Garrod for standing by as reserves.

Mr Wong I notice has been critical of the final line-up but if he had been in my shoes trying to get this sorted I wonder what he would have done ????? I cannot allow for riders getting injured , being ill and pulling out at the last minute -nor can I have done any more to have found any other riders when so much was going on that weekend elsewhere.

Shaun and I would have loved nothing better than to have had the original 16 rides at the meeting but that never happened but those who did ride put on a great show and everything (but for two tape malfunctions in teh Wimbledon v Sittingbourne match) ran smoothly --with thanks to all the staff for their hard work and co-operation for helping achieve this.

The sidecars were superb and the CL mini-match brill.

The 12 lap eight man Final was breathtaking with the two sets of tapes working perfectly and the sight of eight riders battling it out one to behold and but for some bad luck for Shaun and the King brothers and Mark Jones in those 12 laps we saw a great finale to what was a great afternoon.

Many thanks to all those who came up and gave nice comments on how things went --made it all worthwhile!!

Then the auction ended what was a superb (but tiring !!) weekend as I aimed back home via Kings Lynn to drop the Grid girls off --but one thing , next time Huggy says follow me I know a short cut --remind me to ignore him!!! What an experience that turned out to be --but that's another story!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped make Shaun Tacey's Testimonial a success.

Laurence Rogers

I do apolagise for the critiscism(sp?) Main Man, it was more out of dissapointment than anything as i was looking forward to seing the riders in the original line up riding, but of course i do understand the lengths you go through to help anybody out Laurence and you did a great job in helping Shaun with the programme as well as everything else.

When you put the unsold items up for auction again let me know.

Thanks

Wong

no problems Mr Wong --no doubt Lynn will post when she is putting the unsold items on E-bay.

Edited by Main Man

cheers mate

GRAND PRIX TICKETS 2007

BSI have kindly donated 2 tickets to the grand prix at Cardiff 2007, for auction to add to the testimonial fund.

We will be running this auction for approx 2 weeks, so please email your winning bids to me, winning bidder at close of auction will be sent winners form to complete and send to BSI, in exchange for tickets.

SIGNED ARENA MEMORABILIA:-

Framed signed red Arena supporters shirt 2006

Framed signed blue Arena supporters shirt 2006

Shaun's Arena kevlars from 2006

Are all up for auction so please, email your bid, Winning bidders will be notified by 30th October

FINALLY! Merchandise, we have some light weight coats testimonial 2006, left these are £30 childs, S,M,L,XL,XXL

Polo shirts- £15 childs,S,M,L,XL,XXL

Shaun Tacey racing wallets (make superb christmas presents) £5

last few pens £2 each