British Speedway Forum

Ah!  Memories!  :lol: Those were the days.  :approve:

The ELRC seems to have gone the way of Test Matches & the British Final unfortunately, but perhaps having it early in the season - as against in October when some of the riders couldn't be bothered to put themselves out to ride - might revive it.

Do you know Gem I went to a few BLRCs and I can't say that I can remember many riders "Not being bothered" or perhaps my memories are through the rose-tinted spectacles that come with age. :cry: I cannot think that this ELRC will have 10% of the atmosphere of the old BLRCs. Admitted that because it was the top rider from each club, and there was sometimes quite a gap in ability between the top rider of one club, and the top rider of another club, there were sometimes heats where you knew the result. The only thing which I had against the BLRC was the fact that it was not a neutral venue. The Aces top rider(s) always had home advantage. :wink: Just wish we could make the annual pilgrimage to Hyde Road at the end of the season though :(

If you haven't seen the line up yet here you go.

LINE-UP (in riding order): 1. Peter Karlsson (Wolves), 2. Charlie Gjedde (Reading), 3. Leigh Adams (Swindon), 4. Chris Louis (Ipswich), 5. Hans Andersen (Peterborough), 6. Andreas Jonsson (Arena-Essex), 7. Krzysztof Kasprzak (Poole), 8. Nicki Pedersen (Eastbourne), 9. Tony Rickardsson (Oxford), 10. Jason Crump (Belle Vue), 11. Greg Hancock (Reading), 12. Lee Richardson (Swindon), 13. Bjarne Pedersen (Poole), 14. Mark Loram (Ipswich), 15. Scott Nicholls (Coventry), 16. Ryan Sullivan (Peterborough).

This line-up looks a lot more tough than any to come in the GP circus this year. :wink:

Hope Nichols has better luck at the end of the week than he did at the start of it.

Guest witches
Hope Nichols has better luck at the end of the week than he did at the start of it.

hope he doesn't :P

Lets just hope that AJ does the decent thing and withdraws,and lets a true 2006 Arena rider represent their club.

It seems this will happen. Due to his illness AJ is apparently still stranded in Poland and hasn't been allowed to board a flight home to Sweden, let alone fly over here.

Joonas is next in our averages. So, providing he hasn't other commitments, which may be the case, he should ride in it. If not then Johnno will be next in line.

Guest cheetahhawk
It seems this will happen.  Due to his illness AJ is apparently still stranded in Poland and hasn't been allowed to board a flight home to Sweden, let alone fly over here.

Joonas is next in our averages.  So, providing he hasn't other commitments, which may be the case, he should ride in it.  If not then Johnno will be next in line.

Well then I hope that both AJ and Joonas can't get there at least I will have someone I like in the meeting as well as David Howe :)

Do you know Gem I went to a few BLRCs and I can't say that I can remember many riders "Not being bothered" or perhaps my memories are through the rose-tinted spectacles that come with age. :cry:  I cannot think that this ELRC will have 10% of the atmosphere of the old BLRCs. Admitted that because it was the top rider from each club, and there was sometimes quite a gap in ability between the top rider of one club, and the top rider of another club, there were sometimes heats where you knew the result. The only thing which I had against the BLRC was the fact that it was not a neutral venue. The Aces top rider(s) always had home advantage. :wink:  Just wish we could make the annual pilgrimage to Hyde Road at the end of the season though :(

I always thought that Hyde Road was the perfect venue for the BLRC, and I'm not being biased as an Aces fan. Hyde Road was the fairest track in the country, and this is proved by how few times an Aces rider won it! No domestic track can ever recreate that atmosphere now :(

Great line up for this meeting but I am very disappointed why Tony wont or cant since he is the only rider who matches Crumpy for speed round Poole.

Dont suppose anybody knows the prize money for this meeting do they?

I will say in no particular order that the finalists will be Bjarne, Adams, Crump and Nicholls.

Looks like a very busy weekend for BP. A couple of meetings for Poole today, then over to Poland for Rybnik versus Torun tomorrow, back to Blighty for the ELRC on Sunday and then off to Poland for Monday.

Guest scott nicholls englands no1

hope scott breaks the track record, like he did at coventry tonight

hope andersen enjoys watching the gp's on the tele.hehehehehehe

Guest chips
hope scott breaks the track record, like he did at coventry tonight

at least hans has won a gp, something snottie will never do

What a stupid comment - I think Hans Andersen's absence from the GP scene in 2006 is speedway's loss. He has started the season in sensational form and is more that worthy of a GP place.

anybody know the new official line up then if Rickardsson and Jonsson arnt taking part, thanks :) (would howe and kylmakorpi just take over rickardsson and Jonsson draw position ??)

Guest hungry wolf

personally i'd love to see Pepe get the nod. Started the season in superb form and would only enhance the entertainment