British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joanne

Copenhagen Help

Sounds good to me Rico :)

Rico, do you mean the Ibis Star ? There doesn't appear to be an Ibis Crown ! I'm in the Star and will meet in the bar at 7pm. What am I saying - I've just agreed to meet some Scots for a drink in a bar where the beer is not cheap. I think I'll bring some extra Krone...

Rico, do you mean the Ibis Star ? There doesn't appear to be an Ibis Crown ! I'm in the Star and will meet in the bar at 7pm. What am I saying - I've just agreed to meet some Scots for a drink in a bar where the beer is not cheap. I think I'll bring some extra Krone...

Doc,

It's definitely the Ibis Copenhagen Crown Hotel - check www.copenhagen.the-hotels.com/ibis-copenhagen-crown-hotel.htm or

www.hotel-booker.com/dk/copenhagen/crown-hotel-copenhagen.html

If you put Ibis Copenhagen Crown Hotel into a search engine it finds it no problem.

Don't be scared of us Scots - its the bloke from Northern Ireland that will be with me that you need to worry about :D

Rico

:roll:

I'm confused ! I used the Ibis web site and they only list a Star and a Triton. Maybe there are 2 Ibis chains ? Anyway, I'll find the Crown and meet you there.

Maybe we should meet up at the Carlsberg factory. Free samples :P:D Only joking ;) Will see you in the Ibis Crown for 7pm :)

That looks like 3 of us at least (+partners in crime where appropriate).

Shalewhale I trust this has been resolved in good time for you :D

Anyone else fancies showing their face, don't be shy now ! I just need to check that my t-shirt with "73" on it isn't lying at the bottom of the washing basket :roll: Hopefully Joanne and Doc will know each other by the end of their flight over.

Safe journeys to all.

Rico

Erm, yeah. I might be there, depends on what me and Grum are upto.

Guest Sir Lunchalot
At the moment we are going into this one a little blind. I have done a bit of reading on virtualtourist.com but haven't prepared for the trip as thoroughly as I would normally. Sometimes a little adventure doesn't go amiss. Rico

Rico I don't know you but I "lurk" on the Yahoo board and I do very much enjoy reading Tomek's accounts of your partaking "in a nice cup of tea and a chat" on your GP weekends BUT .... what you do is actually planned ? :D;) ;-) :?:

At the moment we are going into this one a little blind. I have done a bit of reading on virtualtourist.com but haven't prepared for the trip as thoroughly as I would normally. Sometimes a little adventure doesn't go amiss. Rico

Rico I don't know you but I "lurk" on the Yahoo board and I do very much enjoy reading Tomek's accounts of your partaking "in a nice cup of tea and a chat" on your GP weekends BUT .... what you do is actually planned ? :D;) ;-) :?:

Sir Lunchalot

We need to find out where's hot and where's not :lol: .

Believe it or not Tomek is one for having a (and he likes to put on a Scottish accent and roll his rrrrrrrrr's at this point) Ready Reckoner for currency conversion. Denmark he seems happy with just dividing by 10 though and thinks he can cope with it.

This year, other than Copenhagen, we have been to the tracks / cities that we are planning to go to before so the 'been there, know what to do' hats are on. Maybe that's why I am suggesting we are a little unprepared for our adventure in Copenhagen.

I'm sure there will be some tales to be told on yahoo-groups after the weekend and hopefully some (snips) :P

Rico

:roll: :D :-o

Rico

At least the 100DKK notes are a brown/orange colour and the 50DKK notes are blue/green colour. They look similar to our £10 and £5 so thats my noddy guide. :D Not seen any coins yet though.

Rico

At least the 100DKK notes are a brown/orange colour and the 50DKK notes are blue/green colour. They look similar to our £10 and £5 so thats my noddy guide. :D  Not seen any coins yet though.

This time I think I'll check the currency after I tried to spend some spare Kroner in Sweden, which unfortunately was all of the Danish variety :oops:

Can any of our Danish chums confirm that tickets will be on sale at the stadium on Friday and Saturday, or is there somewhere more central to town to purchase them. Also what time are the tickets on sale - thanks in advance.

Rico :roll:

Rico, and others..

I have just tried to call e-billetter.dk to hear if the tickets are on sale friday and saturday at the stadium, but i got the answering machine :roll:

At www.parken.dk i found the following message:

Tickets bought from customers abroad after June 20 th. will not be send but handed out on June 28 from stall no 1 in PARKEN.

So i don't know if it's possible to buy tickets from the stadium on saturday, but i think so... It would be pretty stupid if that's not the case - The ordered tickets can be picked up from 12 on saturday.

I know it didn't answer your :?: but i hope it helped a little :)

Lunchy maybe being yahoo lurkers we should warn Joanne what she could be in for!

Don't want these reprobates ( ;-)) corrupting our innocent Joanne now do we???? :shock::)

Lunchy maybe being yahoo lurkers we should warn Joanne what she could be in for!

Don't want these reprobates ( ;-))  corrupting our innocent Joanne now do we???? :shock:  :)

REPROBATES ! :oops:

We just like to have fun. Don't go listening to Midnight Lady, Lioness.

Rico :roll: