British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joanne

Prague GP

Thanks. Might be getting closer to finding a hotel. There's a bit more choice than Cardiff. Looks like I've found one on Wenseles Square. This must be near where you are talking about. Might be able to follow red and white painted faces from there. I'm confused, I thought it was tram line 18 to the track.

Sorry I'm probably not helping.:oops:

Which line depends where you're going from. From where I stayed last year, at the top of Wenseles square behind the museum, I used tram 22. On the map I gave you the link for Wenselas square runs from Muzeum to Mustek but obviously not underground :lol:;) . Oh and just to confuse you even more it isn't a square :roll: Clear as mud :!: :!: :!: ;):P

Sorry I'm probably not helping.:oops:

Which line depends where you're going from. From where I stayed last year, at the top of Wenseles square behind the museum, I used tram 22. On the map I gave you the link for Wenselas square runs from Muzeum to Mustek but obviously not underground :lol:;) . Oh and just to confuse you even more it isn't a square :roll: Clear as mud :!: :!: :!: ;):P

Did you go to Hradcanska and then get on the 18? Is it just a long street then if it isn't a square? Ah, well I suppose it's just a different place for me to get lost. I got well lost in Sydney (a few times :oops: ), even got lost coming back from Rye House the other night when I tried to be smart :-(

And I thought my sense of direction was a bit off :!: ;) I caught the 22. It's a long street with shops either side, lined with trees. Thinking about it, and trying to activate my failing memory, I think I caught th 18 back and it dropped me nowhere near my apartment. I had to walk about half hour. Didn't mater though cause it's such a nice city I could wander round all night. Just follow the crowds. Whether you're looking around tourist areas or going to the speedway you'll find plenty of others doing exactly the same. ;):P

Got got my accommodation confirmation for Prague :) Staying in that square that is not really a square :?:

Glad to hear it Jo. You'll love it. :D Looks like I won't be going after all though :cry::cry::cry:

You've upset me now, 21st Century Heathen :-( . You could have been my guide.

Sorry. I've been waiting for friends to sort themselves out, but it looks like it's not going to happen. :-(

If you want to know anything before you go though I'll be happy to try to help. (if I can remember) :P

Sorry. I've been waiting for friends to sort themselves out, but it looks like it's not going to happen. :-(

Sorry about that 21st Century Heathen. Sometimes people let you down. I'm going on my own and I can do what I want with no kids nagging at me. Can't imagine them going around museums etc. Have you thought about going alone?

Sorry about that 21st Century Heathen. Sometimes people let you down. I'm going on my own and I can do what I want with no kids nagging at me. Can't imagine them going around museums etc. Have you thought about going alone?

Worth considering I suppose. I have a very bad habbit of becoming sullen and introspective when I'm on my own too long. Maybe though. ;)

Thanks Discoll. I'll have a good look at that before I go so I know where the best places are.

21st Century Heathen

It's not really nice going on your own but you get used to it. You can even talk to yourself if you want to :) But I'd rather be there than sitting in the living room getting nagged at about the race to the first corner. And you see all the race instead of just the leader which they do on the TV. You can also shout your head off at the speedway as the person next to you don't know you.

Its the start of the season. I'm sure by September you will get to know some forum members and there seems to be loads going. What tracks do you go to normally? The nearest track to your area of country that I go to is Coventry.

Go for it, 21st Century Heathen. If all else fails you can always come and talk to me :)

. If all else fails you can always come and talk to me.
Look you two, it's no good I'm going to have to step in here!

21st CH....Joanne is a happily married mother of two teenagers who are not Speedway fans and neither is her husband. Joanne...he sounds a great guy. I mean anyone who goes to Wolverhampton every week just to support the visiting team has got to be okay. :D

She's going on her own, you're reluctant to go on your own so can't the two of you get together (in the nicest possible way) just for this meeting?

I've met Joanne several times and she is very nice and definitely won't bite. I just think she has got tremendous guts going to these meetings on her own, although Pawprint is always available of course if she wants to do a spot of smuggling again. ;)

. If all else fails you can always come and talk to me.
Look you two, it's no good I'm going to have to step in here!

21st CH....Joanne is a happily married mother of two teenagers who are not Speedway fans and neither is her husband. Joanne...he sounds a great guy. I mean anyone who goes to Wolverhampton every week just to support the visiting team has got to be okay. :D

She's going on her own, you're reluctant to go on your own so can't the two of you get together (in the nicest possible way) just for this meeting?

I've met Joanne several times and she is very nice and definitely won't bite. I just think she has got tremendous guts going to these meetings on her own, although Pawprint is always available of course if she wants to do a spot of smuggling again. ;)

:oops: Thanks for putting up for me Gemini but it looks like 21st CH has ran off. My boss called me a 'little Jack Russell' the other day so maybe I will bite ;-)

By the way Gemini, Rebecca isn't 13 yet although she might as well be (she is bigger than me :shock: ). Pawprint is very welcome to come with me :)

Also I've just had an order form for tickets for the Prague GP. For anyone who is interested I will email them a copy if they want one.

Also I've just had an order form for tickets for the Prague GP. For anyone who is interested I will email them a copy if they want one.

Yes please Joanne, I see your in trouble already and theres still six months to go. Lol