British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joanne

Prague GP

full throttle, it was nice to see JUlie in the flesh so to speak, very quite, anyway i will pop round on monday and say hello

Prague was fantastic, beautiful city and beer prices so cheap it was dangerous ! So dangerous in fact that we actually managed to forget about the GP and missed it altogether !!!

Saw lots of Brits around the Wenceslas square area and in the Hard Rock cafe etc - dunno if I saw anyone off this forum cos I've never met anyone. Old Town Square on saturday afternoon was packed with Poles, thousands of them, great atmosphere.

A word of advice for anyone going in future - avoid the Irish bars like the plague. Highest prices in town and the beer was flat and awful. Rocky O'Reillys in particular was rubbish. The James Joyce wasn't much better.

Best place in Prague ? Club Darling, just off Wenceslas Square. Don't take the mrs though :P

Flew back with a few BV lads on sunday evening, they were good crack and hello to them if they read this !

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just get drunk in this country? :P .. :lol:

You know somewhere here you can get budvar at 25p/pint Gem???! :shock: lol

:twisted:

You know somewhere here you can get budvar at 25p/pint Gem???! :shock: lol

:twisted:

Confused by this Lioness. Didn't see much Budvar about. It was all the other two famous Czech beers, although apart from the speedway I didn't wander past Prague 1. Did have one Budvar though in the Old Town Square, sat down and waited for all the Polish fans to appear. Cost me over £2 for that pint :shock: Nice views of the square though :)

all the budvar was away from the town square and mainly in me!

two minutes walk and it was down to 15 krone!

Sorry Joanne they must have seen you coming at that price :-( Thats more than twice the price of the dearest we found it at in Prague!

Budvar is made in Ceske Budejovice in the South of the country and is the beer most Czechs drink. We got it no problem in Prague, even in Wenceslas Square althug most bars seemed to advertise the 'fashionable' foreign beers there with fashionable foreign prices!

Philfromcov you are now a part Bairn! They sponsor Falkirk FC! 15 Krone is the norm for it in Prague

Budvar Promotions signing off! (Just out of interest what did you reckon to it tho? Some find it an aquired taste, others love it straight off.....oh and in answering you may like to know I have 6 or 7 cases of it in my garage lol)

Maybe Phil FC needs a Falkirk FC strip for Prague next year then he can just point at his shirt :lol: Found the Budvar a bit strange after drinking the other Czech beer although I have had it before and found it to be very nice :P

It was Staroperamen mostly in the old town square and was a bit priced up but then they charged you more to drink it outside than indoors. I also tried out the Pilsner Urquell. I think I liked the Budvar the best but apart from Lioness's garage I don't know where I can get my hands on anymore, although there is the Golden Helmet meeting later this month so maybe I need another trip to Czech.

(Makro have got Staropramen on special this week I wonder if it will taste as good)

I'm sure I can arrange to get a list of local suppliers sent to you Discoll ;-) Actually a number of tesco's are now stocking it!

If you are near my garage I insist you drop in for a bottle or six! :lol:

well thats a Falkirk Fc shirt for me, thats the coolest sponsor!

and yes i have drunk it for many years paying a premium in the bottles, so it was nice to be able to afford a budvar bath, if you so wished! :lol:

I also tried out the Pilsner Urquell

Was that the stuff in the green bottles with the red label that tasted like syrup ?

On Saturday morning we found a little backstreet bar near the Rose & Crown english bar which was knocking out Budvar at 10Kr (or 22p) a pint - very nice !

Imported beers were expensive (my mate paid £4 for a pint of guiness in one bar cos he was sick of lager) but the local beers were cheaper than water, and the Budvar 12% has a nice kick !

Don't know where Joanne paid £2 a pint at in Old Town Square, must have been in one of the bars near the clock I suspect ? Over the other side of the square there were two British bars - Caffreys and The George & Dragon - next to each other which were very reasonably priced at about 45p a pint.

Other bars worthy of a mention were The Thirsty Dog, Bar Jaguar and Sportsbar.

full throttle, it was nice to see Julie in the flesh so to speak, very quite, anyway i will pop round on monday and say hello

Ooh err, what's all this about then?? :oops:

i ment julia bradbury sorry.

I wish to make it clear that I never saw JULIE in the buff, this was a typo and one for which i appologise........

unless of course your offering!

funnily enough i once did the full monty for charity and got 23p!

Derwent,

You're right. I did get the budvar from Old Town Square, sort of opposite the clock but along a bit with the budvar umbrellas. I know I really paid for the seat and I know I could have got it a lot cheaper but its a bit hard walking into a pub yourself in a back street.

Also did you miss the GP because you arrived at the stadium and couldn't focus properly etc or did you just get carried away in the pub and just forget about the GP :?: