British Speedway Forum

looks like a cracker with Nicki Pedersen, Lindback and Crump only dropping 1 point each in first 3 rides; Hans has a mountain to climb with 3 points at this stage

looks like a cracker with Nicki Pedersen, Lindback and Crump only dropping 1 point each in first 3 rides; Hans has a mountain to climb with 3 points at this stage

Hans had a heavy fall in heat 13 Thursday, lets hope tonight's result isn't an indication of what next week will be like!

Sorry, but that track is a disgrace. There is more dirt in my underpants.

What excuse can Olsen give for this shambles? We know he likes the slick, but come on!

Absolute mickey mouse.

Not a bad GP, not sure of the latvian taste in music though. I mean seriously, Spice Girls? :blink:

Bored watching this, track is atrocious!

Wide open track.... but the rider who hugs the kerb makes up speed on anybody who strays offline! Ridiculous

What utter tripe!! It's not helped by Sky dragging it out. It's pre-recorded so why don't they just rush it along to keep us slightly intrested!! It's not as if we need to listen to Chris Louis pearls of wisdom!

Lee Richardson, sort you self out man!!! You're better than this!

Not a bad GP,  :blink:

You must be joking :rolleyes::rolleyes: , an absolute disgrace of a track, no grip, no banking, so flat the only real line is a couple of feet off the white line, stray off that and you've had it.

The only good point of it being a flat track is that when Scott Nicholls spun round he stayed on, a banked track he would most likley have come off.

Edited by speedcrazy

In case you didnt know, Scott has a broken collarbone.... you would never have guessed listening to one-line Millard!

Credit Laguta trying and actually almost making it round the outside, but theres nothing there.... How many heats left? zzzzzzzz

Who says Crumpy cannot team ride :D

I called that before it happeend too :o

Words fail me...

(Oh, actually, no they don't.... here they come!)

Q) What do you get of you cross the "I prepare my track with a Hoover" slickness of Rye House, the White Line Grand Canyons of Weymouth, and Kate Moss' chest?

A) Doogerpills, or however the hell you're supposed to spell it.

It's very rarely that I feel any sympathy with the top boys. They make a very good living from the sport, and in comparison with most of the other riders, they they're scarily well paid. They also have a tendancy to woose out at league level when things look a bit iffy. However, tonight, they're earning it. That track is horrific.

Tracks like that have no real place in speedway. Slick and one-lined is one thing (in excessive heat, *every* British track can and does serve this up), but for there to be ruts appearing on the only workable line on such a track is bordering on the criminal, especially given that in order to achieve that level of slickness, one would normally require a surface with a durability and hardness of somewhere between concrete and the glacis plate (look it up) of a Challenger tank.

Bloody Stupid Idiots...

...I wonder what that stands for?

Put it this way, there was some passing, admittedly not much but late on there was a bit of grip round the outside and there was some overtaking, and there was more overtaking this evening than when I went to Poole, or Reading this season, THEY were awful meetings, this GP wasn't.

A great ride and a great victory for a truely deserving rider!