British Speedway Forum

But think of the money Postlethaite will save, and hope to make, by staging it in his own stadium!!

BSI won't save any money by holding it at Smallmead. When will people get off JP's back and realise

1 BSI wanted and intended to hold the World Cup Final at Coventry but couldn't because of a dog meeting.

2 BSI do not OWN the Reading track, Stadium or car park they have to pay Stadia UK the going rate for the use of these weather it is for Reading or FIM use.

3 BSI will not save or make anymore money by holding it at Reading than any other stadium

4 Any changes made to the stadium have to be done by Stadia UK as they own it and if they (or the stadium manager, Pat Bliss's brother) have decided to play silly games it is not BSI's fault.

Rant over

RACERS FOREVER

Then why not arrange from the start to hold it at an established stadium that isn't in dire, immediate need of alteration ie Poole, Sheffield, Peterborough, all of which have staged successful international events in the past?

Regards

BSI won't save any money by holding it at Smallmead. When will people get off JP's back and realise

1 BSI wanted and intended to hold the World Cup Final at Coventry but couldn't because of a dog meeting.

2 BSI do not OWN the Reading track, Stadium or car park they have to pay Stadia UK the going rate for the use of these weather it is for Reading or FIM use.

3 BSI will not save or make anymore money by holding it at Reading than any other stadium

4 Any changes made to the stadium have to be done by Stadia UK as they own it and if they (or the stadium manager, Pat Bliss's brother) have decided to play silly games it is not BSI's fault.

Rant over

RACERS FOREVER

You are spot on with the fact that there is nothing in it for this meeting for BSI. So it really does beg the question again doesn't it ??? WHY ?? There are probably 10/15 stadiums in the UK operating each week more worthy than the old dung heap. Once the new stadium is in place then I would be all for it but while accepting that there is no apparent financial gain for BSI in holding there you have to admit that was Reading not a BSI owned team there is no way on this earth or the next that this meeting would be staged at Reading.

Its not doing British Speedway a lot of favours holding it at Reading, which was not a FIM track either when the decision was made I believe

You make it sound so simple. This is a Dog meeting that has Satalite TV coverage and is contracted. Busting that contract would mean the club making a HUGE loss.

The BSI needs to plan ahead. Get the 2007 venues sorted now and even forward plan for 2008.

Then our sport wont look so silly in a run down stadium with no facilities and amenities. (again - sorry reading fans but it does need work) :unsure:

Then why not arrange from the start to hold it at an established stadium that isn't in dire, immediate need of alteration ie Poole, Sheffield, Peterborough, all of which have staged successful international events in the past?

Regards

Don't know about the other stadiums, but Poole weren't even asked if they wanted to stage any of the rounds this time around.

I totaly agree that the World Cup should not be at Smallmead Stadium this year.

As I have said before their are other stadiums that would be better and I don't know why they weren't chosen when BSI found out it couldn't be at Brandon. But I have just got fed up with the constant Ill informed guess's that It's all a fix so BSI make more money. As for any coments about the track all speedway fans know their home track is the best and all others are rubbish. but Readings has the perfect shape alot of others don't and it doesn't matter what the racing serface is like week in week out the track whether it be Reading, Poole, Kings Lynn, Glasgow or where ever, will be "created" for the World Cup by Ole Olsen Not the track curator working under guidence from the Promotion and riders.

I have been to Reading 4 times this season and whilst the overall look of the place may not be too pleasing to the eye and the ladies toilets leave a lot to be desired, the track itself is a great size and shape etc for the SWC!

Yes there are plenty of stadiums around that have much better amenities but that is not what speedway is about! I was in Denmark for the SWC rounds there and believe you me that left more than enough to be desired......... Trust me it was not pretty in Outrup! a few portaloos that we had to share with the men (YUK) and didn't even dare to stand on the top of the back straight as that looked straight down behind into the (what I can only assume was) make shift Gents! not a pretty view! :oops:

However, putting all that aside the racing was great (especially the race-off on the Thursday with Team GB winning)

We have to accept that the Race-off and Final is to be held at Reading, just go along and support our boys!

We have to accept that the Race-off and Final is to be held at Reading, just go along and support our boys!

Well, after the rumoured capacity numbers I heard tonight, there won't be many people in the stadium for either meeting.

As I don't want to appear to be scaremongering, perhaps someone should ask just how many tickets are going to be available.

Rico :rolleyes:

I have been to Reading 4 times this season and whilst the overall look of the place may not be too  pleasing to the eye and the ladies toilets leave a lot to be desired,

Can I assume from that, that you consider the Gents toilets to be acceptable Tabs? :wink:

As I don't want to appear to be scaremongering, perhaps someone should ask just how many tickets are going to be available.

OK, here goes - does anyone know the number of tickets available for the SWC Semi-Final and Final at Reading please?

Can I assume from that, that you consider the Gents toilets to be acceptable Tabs? :wink:

OK, here goes - does anyone know the number of tickets available for the SWC Semi-Final and Final at Reading please?

Well my ticket number is 3931!! wonder if they are playing with numbers here?! :unsure:

Well my ticket number is 3931!! wonder if they are playing with  numbers here?!  :unsure:

They're numbered in reverse!!

Thats still too high a number though SCB -maybe we need to add the numbers up!!! :o:D

Could the number 3 have been added at the start of all ticket allocations. :unsure: