British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RAPIDFIRE

Round 3 Under 15s Plymouth

Just a pity Brendan wont be there in the mix though.

Good Luck to all the competitors.

Guest PanthersChamp06

Yes have to second that Good Luck to all concerned, and no more injuries please.

Has Brendan been practising his rain dance Dave?

Jules :lol:

Has Brendan been practising his rain dance Dave?

Jules :lol:

Bloody right he has!

Shame he got the timing a bit wrong,as the heavens opened just after ht5 at Poole tonight!!

He will try again on Friday..........you have been warned.

I have had a look at the results on the Plymouth website and quite frankly I dont understand the format one little bit. Two riders were missing, yet apart from heat 12 all heats had 4 riders in, but the strangest thing was the fact that some riders appear to have had 5 rides whilst others only four, whats that all about.

Congratulations to the winner though, four straight wins in the heats and then 1st in the Final. Would have been a shame if he hadnt won. Top scorer after 5 rides each is a much fairer way to score though IMO

Copied from the Plymouth Devils website

http://www.plymouthdevils.co.uk/index.php

Updates will appear here...

1.Joe Haines - 2,3,3,R

2.Daniel Greenwood

3.Ben Hopwood - 3,3,3,3,

4.Amy Carpenter - 0,1,1,0,0

5.Scott Meakins - 1,3,1,2,3,

6.Shane Paterson - 1,1,0,1,1

7.Jack Butler - 0,0,0,0,0,

8.Richard Franklin - 2,2,1,2,2

9.Adam Wrathall - F,2,3,1,

10.George Piper - 2,2,2,2,3,

11.Tom Davies

12.Kye Norton - 3,3,FX,2,

Apparantly Dan Greenwood, and Tom Davies are not at the Arena.....

Heat 1. Hopwood, Haines, Meakins, Carpenter - 54.94

Heat 2. Meakins, Franklin, Paterson, Butler - 61.53

Heat 3. Norton, Piper, Carpenter, Wrathall(Fell) - AWD

Heat 4. Haines, Franklin, Paterson, Butler - 54.97

Heat 5. Norton, Piper, Carpenter, Butler - 58.59

Heat 6. Hopwood, Wrathall, Meakins, Paterson - 55.69

Heat 7. Haines, Piper, Paterson, Butler - 55.44

Heat 8. Wrathall, Piper, Franklin, Norton(FX) - 57.18

Heat 9. Hopwood, Meakins, Butler, Carpenter - 54.79

Heat 10. Hopwood, Norton, Wrathall, Haines® - 54.75

Heat 11. Piper, Franklin, Butler, Carpenter - 60.50

Heat 12. Meakins, Franklin, Paterson - 60.43

QTR FINAL - Wrathall, Franklin, Paterson, Butler - 56.16

SEMI FINAL - Haines, Piper, Wrathall, Norton - 55.25

FINAL Lineup

RED = Haines

BLUE = Piper

GREEN = Hopwood

YELLOW = Meakins

FINAL RESULT - Hopwood, Haines, Piper, Meakins - 53.50

I have had a look at the results on the Plymouth website and quite frankly I dont understand the format one little bit.  Two riders were missing, yet apart from heat 12 all heats had 4 riders in, but the strangest thing was the fact that some riders appear to have had 5 rides whilst others only four, whats that all about.

Congratulations to the winner though, four straight wins in the heats and then 1st in the Final.  Would have been a shame if he hadnt won. Top scorer after 5 rides each is a much fairer way to score though IMO

Lets clear this up.

12 riders.

Each rider takes 4 programmed rides.

Quarter Final:Riders finishing 6th,7th,8th,9th

Semi Final:Riders finishing 3rd,4th,5th,PLUS winner of Q/F

Final:Top scorer,2nd highest scorer,PLUS 1st and 2nd in S/F

Thats the format for the series.

Last night 2 riders failed to turn up.Rather than ride with only 3 riders in some heats,Peter Oakes nominated riders to fill the spaces.Only the points scored from their PROGRAMMED rides counted towards their total.

At the end of the day,it wasnt ideal,but Peter Oakes gives the youngsters what they all desperately need,experience.He should be congratulated for his sterling efforts in very difficult circumstances.

I would like to correct the results for Jack Butler.He scored 0,0,0,0,1,1

The points that didnt count towards the Final result were:

Ht1.Meakins 1

Ht3.Carpenter 1

Ht4.Paterson 1,Butler 0

Ht8.Piper 2

Ht9.Butler 1

Ht11.Franklin 2

Ht12.3 riders only.

On countback,Meakins got the nod to go directly to the Final,over Piper,as he had won 2 races.

I can say with complete honesty,that I get as much pleasure watching these youngsters as I do the so called 'Stars'.I support the sport at all levels.On Thursday,I was at the World Team Cup at Reading,and will be there again for the Final later today.You cant get a bigger gulf in experience than that!

Very well done to Ben Hopwood for winning and Joe Haines for gaining 2nd.Both very talented indeed.Special praise for George Piper and Scott Meakins for making the Final.With all due respect to both,I dont think many would have said they would have got there.

Good Luck to each and every rider for the next round at Isle of Wight in August.

Edited by BobC

That looks like a very imaginative format - it makes most races important and keeps most riders in with some sort of chance until late in the meeting but at the same time rewards those who have done well early on. I would like to see it used more often.

I also think it right that riders were given the chance to take those extra rides. This level is all about giving the youngsters as much competetive racing as possible.

A fantastic result by Ben - the boy is flying!

Does anyone have the current standings?

I'd just like to say well done to all and how much I enjoyed the evening on Friday.

I hadn't been to a meeting for around 3 years but we were on holiday in the general area and decided to travel over and it proved to be a good decision.

Though I was attending a fair few conference meetings before I took a break I wasnt sure what to expect but there were some very impressive riders on display, who are sure to follow the likes of Auty/Bridger through the ranks (hopefully anyway)

I'd like to mention also how impressed I was with Jack Butler who got so much better as the meeting went on, for a 12 (?) year old he is looking good, not that i've seen too many 12 year olds ride a speedway bike!

I've also managed to get my daughters into speedway which was nice, the eldest (4) picked up on Kye Norton and his pink leathers and has told everyone since that the man in the pick fell off! The younger one (1) had great fun shouting and waving as the bikes went past

Having followed Club CH I have seen a lot of Gordon Meakins, it was nice to see Scott Meakins in action and doing very well in reaching the final, hopefully we will see a lot more of him in the future

Sorry if any of this sounds patronising, i don't mean it to be i just wanted to pass on my congratulations.