British Speedway Forum
FlyinRyan

Team Gb Captain Dignified In Defeat

Well actually no. Someone should tell him the difference between winning and being also rans. Team GB needs more winners not losers.

Dignified in defeat

Well actually no. Someone should tell him the difference between winning and being also rans. Team GB needs more winners not losers.

Dignified in defeat

I agree and am bored of the constant moaning from scott, if its not the SWC its the g.p always someone elses fault he or they were crap.

We know he's not brilliant. We know none of the Brits are which is why we love it when they pull out all the stops to almost make it.

That said, you have to agree with him to some degree as if riders now accept that's what they need to do to progress there will be carnage and you, me and their families will be the losers. :neutral:

The old grapes a bit hard to swallow :(

Sorry Scott, but "YAWNNNN!"

Given that GB were last for most of the meeting, I don't see why Denmark would single them out for "dangerous" treatment and at the same time you don't hear the other teams moaning about it.

I pay to see close, hard racing, not motorcycle knitting.

Sorry Scott, but "YAWNNNN!"

Given that GB were last for most of the meeting, I don't see why Denmark would single them out for "dangerous" treatment and at the same time you don't hear the other teams moaning about it.

I pay to see close, hard racing, not motorcycle knitting.

Completely agree with that. As my Dad says "it's a good job they're not racing against Briggs or Mauger. Then they'd know all about it!"

Speedway is meant to involve passing, having a go, racing to the end. If riders are not prepared to battle, take the knocks etc. then don't bother racing.

I bet Scott and the G.B. lads are thrilled to bits that loads of Briitish people choose to support other nations instead of their own. Perhaps if more got behind their own country instead of waving Danish or whoevers flags things might just be different. Would you have a Dane, Swede, Aussie etc. cheering on the Brits, I don't think so, they have more pride and passion for their own country.

I bet Scott and the G.B. lads are thrilled to bits that loads of Briitish people choose to support other nations instead of their own. Perhaps if more got behind their own country instead of waving Danish or whoevers flags things might just be different. Would you have a Dane, Swede, Aussie etc. cheering on the Brits, I don't think so, they have more pride and passion for their own country.

I couldn't have put it better myself...here!! here!!

Why would things be any different , England had 90% of the crowd behind them at Reading. They proberbly had 2/3% in Poland. They were still unable to win either meeting. Nicholls comments were not about nationalistic support ', anyway.

Personally, I seriously doubt that a few more fans supporting Team GB would have made much difference. :blink: Why can some people not accept that the choice to support another country is that person's own, and that it is NONE of their business? I supported GB, of course I did, but to a small extent I supported Sweden because of Max and still cheered for Finland even though Kylmäkorpi missed the meeting through injury. People cheer their team's riders, there isn't anything wrong with that. There isn't anything wrong with supporting your own country, but I'm afraid it isn't your or anyone else's business to lecture someone on who they should or should not support. I doubt the riders mind, they have plenty of support. That frankly is not an excuse, we did well to finish 3rd and a few more fans would not have won us the meeting.

Personally, I seriously doubt that a few more fans supporting Team GB would have made much difference.  :blink: Why can some people not accept that the choice to support another country is that person's own, and that it is NONE of their business? I supported GB, of course I did, but to a small extent I supported Sweden because of Max and still cheered for Finland even though Kylmäkorpi missed the meeting through injury. People cheer their team's riders, there isn't anything wrong with that. There isn't anything wrong with supporting your own country, but I'm afraid it isn't your or anyone else's business to lecture someone on who they should or should not support. I doubt the riders mind, they have plenty of support. That frankly is not an excuse, we did well to finish 3rd and a few more fans would not have won us the meeting.

This is exactly what I mean. I love watching A.J. ride, along with Joonas and Seb, but it doesn't mean I want Sweden or whoever to win over my own Country. Have some pride for God's sake. We must be the only Country daft enough to cheer others riders to beat our own. Of course the British riders don't mind, I bet they love to hear home supporters cheering on Hans.

This is exactly what I mean. I love watching A.J. ride, along with Joonas and Seb, but it doesn't mean I want Sweden or whoever to win over my own Country. Have some pride for God's sake. We must be the only Country daft enough to cheer others riders to beat our own. Of course the British riders don't mind, I bet they love to hear home supporters cheering on Hans.

I don't see why people should have to support GB just cos they're British! You're not gonna support a team where you're not really that keen on the riders that are in it, are you?

In all fairness i think its all about winners

Team GB have not been fancied for a few years to win things.....but these things go round in circles....and i am sure in a few years Those British people with Danish flags will be supporting the Brits when Auty,Bridger,Nicholls,Stead,Harris,King etc are lifting the trophy for Team GB.....Bit like the Man Utd fans who now walk around in Chelsea shirts.......

jaybea