British Speedway Forum

I'm doing a 3 day tour to sweden next week and fancy going to bysarna on the wednesday, from what i can gather the best route is the oskarshamn-visby ferry, if anybody can confirm this please let me know or tell me otherwise, also the accomodation looks very very expensive, does anybody know if theres a tourist info centre in visby that can find a reasonably priced room for the night. Any help would be most gratful as i really fancy going there.

I'm doing a 3 day tour to sweden next week and fancy going to bysarna on the wednesday, from what i can gather the best route is the oskarshamn-visby ferry, if anybody can confirm this please let me know or tell me otherwise, also the accomodation looks very very expensive, does anybody know if theres a tourist info centre in visby that can find a reasonably priced room for the night. Any help would be most gratful as i really fancy going there.

I don´t know weather you go to the Gotland on the same day although there is a big derby on the tuesday at Malilla between Luxo stars and Västervik.

The track at Visby, Galgberget( used to be the execution hill on the north outskirt of the town) is a really "cute2 track to visit.

If you feel the prices are high staying at Gotland please remember it´s one of the most famous vacation resorts in the country and The Town of Visby is really a beautiful place to stay in: A medevial town with an old wall around it.

Still you should be happy to find somewhere to sleep!

one really special place is Medeltidshotellet :approve: - The Medieval Hotel is a small, exclusive hotel, situated in the very heart of UNESCO World Heritage City of Visby. The hotel is built in an authentic 14th century house and decorated with historically inspired interiors and especially designed furniture in solid wood. All rooms have modern comfort as bathrooms, Internet access and tv, hidden in patinated backgrounds. The lounge has an open fireplace and soft armchairs.

There are a few hotels in the world in Medieval buildings, very few of them with historically inspired interiors, and extremely few – matching the first two statements – in a UNESCO World Heritage.

The Medieval Hotel of Visby is one of a kind, as far as we know.

The Medieval Hotel is your choice of a little more exclusive lodging in historical environment, an oasis of calm, yet close to all that Visby offers in entertaining or culture. Romantic for the couple, or efficient for the company that needs privacy. The area is framed by a wall with two gates. On the picture above, on the right side of the hotel, you can see the scenic silhouette of the cathedral of Saint Mary, inaugurated in 1225.

The hotel has 14 unique rooms and is open all year around www.medeltidshotellet.se or another one on the southside of the city - :) Villa Fridhem - an old resort for the Princess Eugenie www.fridhemspensionat.se

or :wink: the old Prison of Visby http://gotland.net/visbyfangelse Your choise

Regards Joakim

Thanks Joakim. You may have joked about staying in the prison, but it sounds like a novel idea to me, and at that price i've booked it! Because of the links you gave me i also figured out it was better to sail from nynashamn. We'll be going to kumla on tuesday and nykopings on thursday. Thanks again for the info, it certainly looks a wonderful place to visit.

Thanks Joakim. You may have joked about staying in the prison, but it sounds like a novel idea to me, and at that price i've booked it! Because of the links you gave me i also figured out it was better to sail from nynashamn. We'll be going to kumla on tuesday and nykopings on thursday. Thanks again for the info, it certainly looks a wonderful place to visit.

spanner47, you will not be dissapointed. It really is a scenic little island. It really is very different, and its easy to forget that you are 'half way to Russia'.Whilst you are on the ferry, try talking to the Destination Gotland crew about speedway. Many of them are big Bysarna fans, and are regular visitors to the track, when time permits. I'm sure you will enjoy your visit

I also figured out it was better to sail from nynashamn. We'll be going to kumla on tuesday and nykopings on thursday. .

If you go from nynäshamn and back why not quit the Nyköping match and visit my beloved Lejonen :approve::approve: on their away meeting vs. Getingarna in the capitol Stockholm??

HAve a nice stay in Sweden!

If you go from nynäshamn and back why not quit the Nyköping match and visit my beloved Lejonen  :approve:  :approve: on their away meeting  vs. Getingarna in the capitol Stockholm??

HAve a nice stay in Sweden!

Thanks again Joakim, i didn't realise how close getingarna was to nynashamn until i looked on their website, are you going? If so i'll see you there, i'll be the one with the ipswich witches programme board.

spanner47, you will not be dissapointed. It really is a scenic little island. It really is very different, and its easy to forget that you are 'half way to Russia'.Whilst you are on the ferry, try talking to the Destination Gotland crew about speedway. Many of them are big Bysarna fans, and are regular visitors to the track, when time permits. I'm sure you will enjoy your visit

Thanks rusky, shame i'll only be there for 24 hours, but i'll get round as much as possible.

Thanks again Joakim, i didn't realise how close getingarna was to nynashamn until i looked on their website, are you going? If so i'll see you there, i'll be the one with the ipswich witches programme board.

Sorry Spanner cna´t go due to working commitments.. :( Still loved to to so.

Hope I didn´t turned your head arond with this suggestion.

The track in Stockholm; Gubbängen is situated very close to the road coming up from Nynäshamn.YOu come up the road 73 and the track is situated along road 229

http://kartor.eniro.se/query?mop=mc&what=m...x=257&map.y=292

Hope this help